• Status
    Not open for further replies.

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    Thanks. I'm pretty picky when it comes to paint jobs...this was just "good enough" and I decided to stop before I used two whole cans of grey primer trying to get it perfect. I didn't really have a clear idea what I wanted as an end result and that made it harder.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Does that paint stripper mess the finish up on the receivers or anything? If not, I might have to try it on something. Maybe I need to pick up a beater rifle from a scratch and dent sale somewhere and have some fun for a change. All my stuff is always "business only", it would be nice to have something that I can get "dirty" with.

I've never taken paint off a rifle I put it on. I think the first rifle I painted was a 10-22, and that's because it's cheap gun. For me, I train and run drills with my AR's so they get beat on and scratched quite a bit. The spray painting to be is just one less way of having a black rifle stick out. It doesn't matter to me what the pattern is, but I'll admit some do look better than others. The rifles I've painted are also the ones that I've committed to never selling.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    i5nvX2R.jpg

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I like to paint my guns. It's only a matter of time before they get the full custom treatment. They also get run pretty hard. They look even cooler after they've been banged around a bit.

Sunday's project:
    bzpodhD.jpg

f0GHg2Q.jpg

Cool man!
    Yeah, any AR that isn't ran like it's made to run and any AR that is treated like a princess is nothing more than glorified paperweight imo.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Yeah I'm definitely addicted. Just started getting stamps last year. Currently have 7 with an additional 3 pending. Trying to decide what to get next...

I'm jealous. I was close to pulling the trigger on my first (Form 1 SBR) but after doing the math I couldn't go through with it. After engraving, forming a trust, getting the stamp, and then purchasing the stock I would have spent enough money for another gun. So instead of doing that, I got my first 1911. I'm only 24, so I have time to get a stamp.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I'm jealous. I was close to pulling the trigger on my first (Form 1 SBR) but after doing the math I couldn't go through with it. After engraving, forming a trust, getting the stamp, and then purchasing the stock I would have spent enough money for another gun. So instead of doing that, I got my first 1911. I'm only 24, so I have time to get a stamp.

Yeah that's how old I was when I made my first NFA purchase. Didn't get an approval until long after my birthday though, haha. Even the GF doesn't mind shooting the .308 as long as it's suppressed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This followed me home this week. I'd been eyeballing it down at US Defense in Greenwood for a while and they had it priced below what I could find it for online. I'd actually been looking at getting an AR in .308 but went this direction instead. I've only run 85 rounds through it so far, but I love the thing. It's a Daniel Defense M4A1 with a 14.5 barrel, pinned flash hider and carbine length gas system.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This followed me home this week. I'd been eyeballing it down at US Defense in Greenwood for a while and they had it priced below what I could find it for online. I'd actually been looking at getting an AR in .308 but went this direction instead. I've only run 85 rounds through it so far, but I love the thing. It's a Daniel Defense M4A1 with a 14.5 barrel, pinned flash hider and carbine length gas system.

Beautiful!!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Dang dude that's hot! Congrats

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland

I was eyeballing it a few weeks ago and ended up buying a 10.5'' pistol. That DD grip feels way too good to describe on here (XXX)... Very Schexy indeed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom