41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    BroChi_01.jpg

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Ahhh, the 5.45. She's a beauty. Here's that 5.45 middy I just finished putting together earlier tonight:

IMG_20131020_245739_022.jpg

Looks great! I wish I had purchased several of those 5.45 spikes uppers when I had the chance. The uppers were very well thought out for that caliber.

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    Looks great! I wish I had purchased several of those 5.45 spikes uppers when I had the chance. The uppers were very well thought out for that caliber.

AIM is going to be putting more together soon. Not sure if they'll be Spike's or not. I'll PM you a link to them when they hit.

Shoots like a dream with the T2 buffer, extra power hammer spring and Spike's Battle Trigger.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Is that Vortex Strikefire mounted 90° counterclockwise? Bet it was fun getting it zero'd.

It would be pretty easy actually. Zero it normally then loosen the ring and swing it down. The reason people mount them that way is because of it's stupid power button that can get easily bumped turning it on. Same goes for the SPARC, but you can't swivel that thing.

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    Is that Vortex Strikefire mounted 90° counterclockwise? Bet it was fun getting it zero'd.
    It was pretty easilly accomplished. Up/Down becomes Left/Right and Left/Right becomes Up/Down.

It would be pretty easy actually. Zero it normally then loosen the ring and swing it down. The reason people mount them that way is because of it's stupid power button that can get easily bumped turning it on. Same goes for the SPARC, but you can't swivel that thing.

That wouldn't work because if you had to adjust left or right, it would shoot high or low upon rotating 90 degrees, and vice versa for adjusting up or down.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I did it with mine before I got rid of it. I had to only make minor adjustments when rotated. Not hard. :yesway:

Personal preference when it goes against the norm really seems to start up quite the dialogue... For what it's worth, the Aimpoint PRO on one of my ARs is rotated 90' counter clockwise. It's against the norm, but it places the illumination knob within (easier) reach of my support hand. Hey, whatever works.

Pic thread:
    null_zps1e84b884.jpg

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    I did it with mine before I got rid of it. I had to only make minor adjustments when rotated. Not hard. :yesway:

Yeah, I guess I can see that. I got it out of the box and put it on and instantly rotated it 90 degrees. Sighted it in that way and blast away.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Personal preference when it goes against the norm really seems to start up quite the dialogue... For what it's worth, the Aimpoint PRO on one of my ARs is rotated 90' counter clockwise. It's against the norm, but it places the illumination knob within (easier) reach of my support hand. Hey, whatever works.

Pic thread:
    null_zps1e84b884.jpg

What are the specs on that?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Pic thread:
    null_zps1e84b884.jpg

I like that rifle a lot, it's classic yet modern! I bet it handles nice!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

These guys beat me to it, but I'd like to know more about that rifle. There's something to be said for a nice dissipator. I've never understood why anyone would want a shorter sight radius when the option to have a full one was right there.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009

These guys beat me to it, but I'd like to know more about that rifle. There's something to be said for a nice dissipator. I've never understood why anyone would want a shorter sight radius when the option to have a full one was right there.

The basic specs on the build are as follows:
    -A2 Flashider
    -American Spirit Arms Dissipator Barrel
    -Standard AR Barrel Nut & Delta Ring
    -Magpul MOE handguard
    -Carbine length gas tube & ASA low profile gas block
    -A2 (FN) upper receiver, courtesy of the INGO classifieds
    -Standard AR charge handle
    -AIM Suplus BCG
    -AIM Surplus lower receiver
    -PSA Lower Build Kit (including buffer, spring, nut, & reciever extension)
    -Geissele SSA Trigger
    -Magpul MOE trigger guard
    -Magpul MOE Plus grip
    -Magpul ASAP
    -Magpul CTR
    -Magpul MS3 Sling

I really enjoy this rifle. It handles very nicely. It's light, nimble, shoots smooth, and points easy. It's a solid shooter, very ergonomic, basic as an AR gets while still looking modern (high speed/low drag). The thing I love the most, other than the ergos, are the irons. I love the sight radius combined with the barrel length. I'm a C Clamp shooter and a Dissipator is perfect for my shooting style.

Pic Thread
    null_zps6ca66c4b.jpg

Last edited:

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Looks exactly like the build I'm working on. Upsets me slightly that you beat me to it but I guess great minds think a like.

The only difference between yours and the one I'm building is that I'm looking for a mid length gas system.

Beautiful rifle!

The basic specs on the build are as follows:
    -A2 Flashider
    -American Spirit Arms Dissipator Barrel
    -Standard AR Barrel Nut & Delta Ring
    -Magpul MOE handguard
    -Carbine length gas tube & ASA low profile gas block
    -A2 (FN) upper receiver, courtesy of the INGO classifieds
    -Standard AR charge handle
    -AIM Suplus BCG
    -AIM Surplus lower receiver
    -PSA Lower Build Kit (including buffer, spring, nut, & reciever extension)
    -Geissele SSA Trigger
    -Magpul MOE trigger guard
    -Magpul MOE Plus grip
    -Magpul ASAP
    -Magpul CTR
    -Magpul MS3 Sling

I really enjoy this rifle. It handles very nicely. It's light, nimble, shoots smooth, and points easy. It's a solid shooter, very ergonomic, basic as an AR gets while still looking modern (high speed/low drag). The thing I love the most, other than the ergos, are the irons. I love the sight radius combined with the barrel length. I'm a C Clamp shooter and a Dissipator is perfect for my shooting style.

Pic Thread
    null_zps6ca66c4b.jpg

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Looks exactly like the build I'm working on. Upsets me slightly that you beat me to it but I guess great minds think a like.

The only difference between yours and the one I'm building is that I'm looking for a mid length gas system.

Beautiful rifle!

Thank you, Sir! I finished my Dissipator back in February. It was built in the midst of the 2013 Panic. It's been an awesome rifle!

Pic Thread: This one is screaming to be SBR'ed!
    null_zps803e6a30.jpg

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Thank you, Sir! I finished my Dissipator back in February. It was built in the midst of the 2013 Panic. It's been an awesome rifle!

Pic Thread: This one is screaming to be SBR'ed!
    null_zps803e6a30.jpg

^^^^ Boing

That is awesome sir. I have been wanting to build a 22lr pistol for quite a while now. However, every time I start to thiningk about building one, I think it would just be easier to find an M&P15/22P ... So I wouldn't have to buy all new mags... but then again I wouldnt have the option to turn it into an SBR. Maybe someday ill make a decision...

Pic Thread:
    61c9cd0c-05ad-4ce2-a967-5352bc038d40_zpsa0d77374.jpg

Last edited:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Well after two years and two other uppers being on my Spike's Tactical lower that I put together, I finally came upon a deal on a Spike's Tactical upper for a great price. When I built this lower my intentions were to build a complete Spike's rifle. I've got a can of LaRue Tactical FDE Index Clips on the way to replace the black ladder panels on the Daniel Defense 9" Omega rail. Barrel is their lightweight 14.5" with the DynaComp Extreme pinned and welded. Also included on the upper is a Magpul MBUS, BCM GunFighter Charging Handle Mod4, ST M16/HPT/MPI BCG. Topped it off with a Primary Arms micro dot on a ADM mount.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom