• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Planning on it. I was hoping for a FSB instead of the low pro gas block, but thats all we could do with the barrel I had. Bradis helped me do a lot of the barrel work. I am hoping to get one of the Eotech xps-2 models that are really short. I know its a really tight sight radius, but did not have room. A friend suggested I add a drop in rail like I have on the bottom to the top in order to move my front buis forward more but I'm not sure how much higher it will raise it up or if it would cause it not to be in line anymore.

You could use one of those freefloat rails they make for midlengths. That would give you a better option for that front sight.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    So should I save up and get a colt AR or is Bushmaster or Smith & Wesson just as good? Please help me decide on the best AR I can get for the money.

This is my best AR for the money. S&W M&P 15 Sport.
    2cgm1kn.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've got a ACOG setup like that too. It's near impossible to get a cheek weld but shooting over, under & around barricades it works great.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    The cheek weld is more of a chin weld when using the RMR, but at the range it is intended to be used for, it doesn’t make much of a difference.

I've got a ACOG setup like that too. It's near impossible to get a cheek weld but shooting over, under & around barricades it works great.

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    FYI, you have to remove the bolt catch system to install the mag catch. No biggie, but I don't want you to scramble around looking for an allen wrench (2.5mm?) You're gonna love it! :rockwoot:
    I've built 3 on Seekin's lowers, this one however will be the first one that is mine... :D

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Question on these two... You have the carbine set up using a scope and the fix magnification ACOG on the rifle. So what kind of scope are you using and why not switch them around?

I have so many AR parts I can't decide what to do next. There's a ton of scope / barrel combinations I could pick from. :n00b:

My ARs as of now:
    IMAG0018.jpg

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Question on these two... You have the carbine set up using a scope and the fix magnification ACOG on the rifle. So what kind of scope are you using and why not switch them around?

I have so many AR parts I can't decide what to do next. There's a ton of scope / barrel combinations I could pick from. :n00b:

The bottom rifle is actually an 18" that will eventually be a Mk.12 MOD1. The top one is an M16A4 clone with a TA11J. The scope on the SPR is a Redfield Revolution in 4-12x40.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom