• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I had one many years ago (around 15 years ago). It was a cheaper one from Petmart. The food container sucked in moisture from the tank and the food would clump together fail to fall out.

I'm sure they have gotten better by now.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If your too lazy to hand feed your fish, your too lazy to have them!

Wow, I've never been judged on the treatment of my fish, I'm guessin you don't get out of the house much, probably don't own a microwave either eh?:noway:

Don't do it. They're unreliable and often lead to water quality issues.

^^^ Big water quality issues and very quickly too.

I agree with the above. Only use mine when I'm away from home for a few days.

To everyone else that had a useful contribution to the question, yes water quality issues were a concern and yes my interest was in using it while out of town. Our babysitter seems to have a problem with overfeeding them while we're gone.:patriot:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    To everyone else that had a useful contribution to the question, yes water quality issues were a concern and yes my interest was in using it while out of town. Our babysitter seems to have a problem with overfeeding them while we're gone.:patriot:

Would a simple sandwich bag with that days food in it work and have a bag for each day? This is what we ended up doing when we were on vacation. Our neighbor was afraid of feeding to much or not enough.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Back when I had an aquarium, I used one for vacations. I didn't have clumping problems or anything, but if I didn't set it carefully, it was really east to over feed.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    One suggestion. If you are using it before leaving for a few days, then purposely use it the day before you leave and watch how much comes out. That will allow you to set it to at least a reasonable approximation of the proper amount.

Top Bottom