• ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You disagree and call me names?

No I didn't call you names, I said your generalization about all cops makes other INGO members look like ignorant *******s.

Am I not entitled to my opinion?

Sure you are. But is your opinion supported by facts?

I KNOW a lot of cops drink A LOT. It is probably because of the stress of the job.

How much do I drink?

I have nothing against cops, except the ones that make it their personal obsession to press charges against innocent people who smoke. They have the discretion to throw away the illegal substance without ruining someone's life over it by giving them a criminal record.

So enforcing a valid law in the Indiana Code is a personal obsession against innocent people? I guess I should stop enforcing any of the laws, since every person that violates them is obviously innocent.

I see these kind of cops the same as the nerd in high school that tattle tales on other kids for chewing gum or something, except worse because they are most likely also hypocrites.

I waited until after I earned my badge and commission to tattle on people for breaking the rules.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    You disagree and call me names? Am I not entitled to my opinion? I KNOW a lot of cops drink A LOT. It is probably because of the stress of the job. I have nothing against cops, except the ones that make it their personal obsession to press charges against innocent people who smoke. They have the discretion to throw away the illegal substance without ruining someone's life over it by giving them a criminal record. I see these kind of cops the same as the nerd in high school that tattle tales on other kids for chewing gum or something, except worse because they are most likely also hypocrites.

Ok, you know a lot of cops that drink A LOT. That's fine, but last I checked just drinking alcohol isn't against the law. Now you want the police to just throw away the MJ, even though its considered to be a controlled substance? Your personal feelings on whether it should/shouldn't be illegal can be discussed elsewhere, the point is, that MJ is currently ILLEGAL(except for prescriptions), and you're stating they should just simply destroy the evidence and let them go about their business?

That's funny.....I thought one of the main points of police officers is to UPHOLD the law? :dunno:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    It is probably because of the stress of the job. I have nothing against cops, except the ones that make it their personal obsession to press charges against innocent people who smoke. They have the discretion to throw away the illegal substance without ruining someone's life over it by giving them a criminal record.

The bold words in this statement made me raff.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    That's funny.....I thought one of the main points of police officers is to UPHOLD the law? :dunno:

Police upheld Jim Crowe laws too didn't they? Does that make the police's actions ethical?

Judging someone who isn't harming anyone else is not the job of police or government IMO. "To serve and protect" is the police motto, but making up excuses to trick someone into letting police search their car, so they can make an MJ arrest is honery. I'm sure you sleep well at night thinking you are on the right side of the law, but so did the police during Jim Crowe. I'm sure you will keep your contempt for your fellow man who chooses other substances than you to relax with, and I'm not going to argue with you--just pointing out another view.

I provided links to back my claim (which everyone already knows) that A LOT of cops drink a lot. I did not say every cop, nor did I imply such. I have supported the FOP for the last ten years, I respect police and their difficult jobs very much, but as stated, I take issue with arrests that have no victims besides the arrested.

PS, since about half of college men smoke pot, are you for arresting half of our future generation? Some of them will get popped, maybe just bad luck, not for being a nuisance, and how do you think that will affect their future to be tainted as a criminal for the rest of their life? How about your son or daughter (or brother)--how would you like them getting popped for MJ?

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    PS, since about half of college men smoke pot, are you for arresting half of our future generation? Some of them will get popped, maybe just bad luck, not for being a nuisance, and how do you think that will affect their future to be tainted as a criminal for the rest of their life? How about your son or daughter (or brother)--how would you like them getting popped for MJ?

I never smoked pot in college. In fact, I've never smoked pot. And if my daughter (or any other relative for that matter) was to get popped for possessing it, sucks for them. Until the law is changed I expect them to obey it.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Until the law is changed I expect them to obey it.

I guess the blacks should have given up their seats and got their asses to the back of the bus, too.

It's one thing to say that it's your duty to enforce the law objectively and as-written. It's yet another to suggest that you agree with the policy, which by any measure has been a miserable failure. I'd respect the former. The latter position is nearly indefensible.

I also think that INGO is a poor place for legal advice, including telling someone he's a "felon" (do you really have any idea?!) and the other person who suggested that the administrators at the state police can somehow convert a misdemeanor into a felony conviction in order to deny a permit without any process at all.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I also think that INGO is a poor place for legal advice, including telling someone he's a "felon" (do you really have any idea?!) and the other person who suggested that the administrators at the state police can somehow convert a misdemeanor into a felony conviction in order to deny a permit without any process at all.

It doesn't need "converting" into a felony conviction. He's already not a proper person because he's classified as a "drug abuser" by definition for having 2 or more convictions for paraphenalia.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    It doesn't need "converting" into a felony conviction. He's already not a proper person by definition because he has a history of 2 or more convictions for paraphenalia.

I didn't disagree with that. I suggest that you read my comments more carefully. I expressed no opinion on whether he was a "proper person."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess the blacks should have given up their seats and got their asses to the back of the bus.

Not exactly sure how being oppressed because someone is black equals being "oppressed" because someone "chooses" to partake in an illegal activity. Unless, of course, skin color was made optional.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I think it has to be 3 years from the last misdemeanor drug conviction, or dui. So he should be ok by 2014. Eventhough its just a weed pipe, it is a drug related conviction.

I think it's 3 years from any misdemeanor, not just a drug related misdemeanor. No?

Last edited:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Not exactly sure how being oppressed because someone is black equals being "oppressed" because someone "chooses" to partake in an illegal activity. Unless, of course, skin color was made optional.

I didn't say anything about oppression, those are your words.

There's just no doubt that it was the literal language of the law, and they, too, would be 'choosing to partake in an illegal activity' if they didn't move to the back of the bus when a white person asked for their seat, which is the relevant actus reus, not 'being black' as your post suggests.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

I'm glad you chose the word oppression, because that means you do understand. I could choose to be Jewish, that is a choice right? I could choose to drink a beer, or if I found beer and alcohol disgusting, I might prefer a doober after work. Choice is the essence of freedom. You obviously believe that people who smoke pot are sub human, untermensch. I say they are the same as you and I, except oppressed. You drink beer, they smoke. What if the tables were turned and you were persecuted and branded with a scarlet letter for drinking illegal alcohol sir? Would you be oppressed then? Cops who don't see the big picture with MJ, are of the same mentality as cops who would take all our guns if they were made illegal--just because they are illegal (you think cops would never obey that directive, but I say all evidence shows they would zealously enforce a gun ban).

You know what happened when alcohol was illegal...Al Capone type gangsters made a fortune because the demand for alcohol nationwide never ceased, and that is the same thing happening now, but the Mexican cartels are getting rich off pot. I think most would agree the cartels are the most heinous and murderous threat to civility, and guess what--you can blame MJ prohibition on that.:rolleyes:

I apologize Exline for the rant in your thread, but I hope your brother keeps his chin up, because laws do change. Pot has already been decriminalized in 14 states, Indiana is just behind the times.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    it just strikes me as hypocritical when u put a MJ possesor in prison for 5-10 and a pedophile gets out in 2 because he got a degree. i would much rather have the smoker live next door to me than a piece of S**T rapist/child molester. where are our priorities????? just my thoughts.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    it just strikes me as hypocritical when u put a MJ possesor in prison for 5-10 and a pedophile gets out in 2 because he got a degree. i would much rather have the smoker live next door to me than a piece of S**T rapist/child molester. where are our priorities????? just my thoughts.

Nobody in Indiana is going to jail for MJ possession. If you think I'm BSing, go to court and observe some sentencing hearings sometimes.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    im more or less stating the fact that it seems to me u get harsher sentences. i mean when a child molester rapists gets his time cut down because he gets a so called degree in prison, something is seriously wrong. And that does happen. not tryin to argue just stating my opinion on our so called war on drugs. and the fact that DRs can prescibe a hundred different pills for everything on the planet its ok. But if a hard working citizen, who contributes to society, goes home and smokes a joint to relax hes considered a criminal. i just think our priorites are misplaced. That is really all i meant.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Nobody in Indiana is going to jail for MJ possession. If you think I'm BSing, go to court and observe some sentencing hearings sometimes.

Just because they don't go to jail doesn't mean their lives aren't dramatically changed.

Dealers get a felony and go to jail, or house arrest. Most dealers just sell to get free smoke, especially in college, so I don't consider someone who only deals pot a real criminal either. Obviously there are MILLIONS of pot dealers in the USA, since pot is easy to get anywhere. Pot dealers in general are no different than any other entrepreneur, they believe they have a good product, and their customers tend to agree. I don't condone such activity, but it is something that will never cease. There are definitely some terrible criminals that sell or smuggle pot, but largely, we have the government to thank for giving them those jobs, because if pot were legal and regulated, honest people would have those jobs.

Top Bottom