Applying for Lifetime lisence next week!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    I know where to go, gotta find out exactly when to go. I think I know how much money I need in 2 separate money orders. Pretty excited to get things rolling! Just thought I'd share that here. My wife rolls her eyes when I tell her about it. Figured you guys could at least share my excitement. :)

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Congrats. I think the real question is? Why don't you have 4 money orders made out? How else will you submit your wife's packet?

I agree with Indecision, she may dislike it but get her that LTCH so she is safe! Withhold sex if you have to untill she agrees to get one!

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Talked the wifey into getting her's. In Noblesville, you can pay cash to them and only need one $75.00 money order to send in (for lifetime permit). Its been a long road, but all the baby steps to talk her into it payed off.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I just got my lifetime LTCH in the mail last week, went to the Marion country office (not sure that it matters) but took about 7 weeks, I was expecting it by December 3rd. Way ahead of schedule. So you should have yours:ar15: soon.

EDIT: Also, make sure you fill the online form out at home first, otherwise you'll have to go to the 5th (?) floor library to use one. Once you get it filled out bring your app # with you.

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    I was wondering if I should do the online form or not? Hendricks county is on the list, so I need the application number when I actually go to the PD?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    My wifey did the eyerolling thing when I applied and got mine. She did the same when my son followed suit. She didn't even want to touch any of our guns.

Then, this spring, she applied for hers. Kind of surprised us all. She carries all the time and is totally comfortable with her gun. She's been to the range with us a few times and has shot most of our handguns and also loves shooting the AR-15.

So, be patient. It could work out ok.

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    Is there a difference between concealed carry and open carry when you're talking about an Indiana handgun license? I mean the license covers you no matter if you carry a weapon concealed or not - right?

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    Is there a difference between concealed carry and open carry when you're talking about an Indiana handgun license? I mean the license covers you no matter if you carry a weapon concealed or not - right?

Indiana doesn't distinguish between the two. You can do either. In other states, it is one or the other I believe.

Top Bottom