• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well, we had more press come on down to meet us. This time in Georgia and it was Foxnews. Here is the article:

Appleseed Teaching History with Guns « Liveshots

They also did some vide of us and played that on the TV as I understand.

It would seem all sorts of press is interested now. The French have contacted us, other US media, and even Al Jazeera made contact and wanted to interview - we politely declined on that one. :laugh:

Why are they interested now? Perhaps because we double every year, or maybe because we do not fit the mental mold of gun people since so many attending are new to firearms.

I dunno exactly.

But I do know that we have weathered their attentions thus far and ask anyone responding to the press on our behalf to keep it polite and professional - even if they may deserve a more "complete" thought.

Thanks to everyone who is helping make this happen, and be proud that we are growing to sizes that can no longer be ignored or pigeonholed.

Good job everyone!

Techres

Protest

Expert
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Good stuff! One of the comments cracked me up. The commenter said something to the effect of "Fox News is trying to incite civil war!"

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yeah, I left a comment directed at her (him?). Waiting to see if it shows up...

Ditto here, Bubba. Can't wait to see them. Did you use your INGO screen name, your Appleseed screen name, or something else? (I used my screen name, since it's the same both places.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bubba

Expert
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Personally, I thought that was a great choice for an interview. With other media outlets trying to convince the rest of the country that all perticipants in the shooting sports are uniformly ignorant, racist, intolerant, extreme-Right fringe lunatics, I'm happy to see a nationally-televised interview highlighting that Appleseed in particular, and recreational shooting in general, is something that can be enjoyed by persons of any demographic regardless of political or social creed.

Top Bottom