• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Shooting at Atterburry is a exceptionally good time. I do not know if any of this will apply, but from shooting at Atterburry you may wish to consider the following.

All outstanding advice, good for Atterbury, good for any Appleseed as well. Thanks for posting it!

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    What does AQT mean?
    What does 4MOA mean?
    Where is NWI?

AQT = Whole lotta fun with a shooting iron. A lot tougher than popping cans with your buddies. You will learn what you are about when you start chasing that 250 score.

4MOA = A ridiculously huge group if you believe magazine writers. An elusive thing to achieve if you expect to do it every single time you go to the range. Learning to do it every time, is what we teach.

NWI = A cold dark place that always precipitates on me when I Shoot Boss in NWI.

YHJ

bigus_D

Master
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Is there a qualification process to get approved for the Atterbury shoot? I understand the requirement to participate on Saturday, and am confident I can score riffleman on Saturday ( or at least get darn close ... Got riffleman at my first two appleseeds ). With as many folks as I assume are interested, how will you select who gets what I assume are a limited number of spots on the atterbury line?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Here are the targets!
    IMAG0013.jpg

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    So we should sign up and pay for two days at one of the other shoots and then transfer the 2nd day to Atterbury? Or are we supposed to pay for day 1 at one of the other shoots and then pay separately for Atterbury?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    So we should sign up and pay for two days at one of the other shoots and then transfer the 2nd day to Atterbury? Or are we supposed to pay for day 1 at one of the other shoots and then pay separately for Atterbury?

Yep, go ahead and sign up and pay for two days at one of the other locations. That way there's only one money transaction. Don't forget to send your full name, address, and DOB at least one week before the event to IN@appleseedinfo.org

The only exception is if you choose to sign up for the one-day shoot in Indianapolis on Saturday. You'll have to sign up for Indy and Atterbury separately then, but all others just sign up for the whole weekend at whichever location you choose. Note: If you choose Indy, centerfire is not allowed, so you'll need a .22 for Saturday and your centerfire for Sunday. If you want to practice everything with your centerfire on Saturday at 25 yds, then you'll need to choose any of the other locations.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    Is there a qualification process to get approved for the Atterbury shoot? ..... With as many folks as I assume are interested, how will you select who gets what I assume are a limited number of spots on the atterbury line?

I would like to know the answer to these questions as well. Is there a limited number of spots? Who would get them?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Is there a qualification process to get approved for the Atterbury shoot? I understand the requirement to participate on Saturday, and am confident I can score riffleman on Saturday ( or at least get darn close ... Got riffleman at my first two appleseeds ). With as many folks as I assume are interested, how will you select who gets what I assume are a limited number of spots on the atterbury line?

I would like to know the answer to these questions as well. Is there a limited number of spots? Who would get them?

Sorry, bigus_D - I didn't see your post. Thanks for pointing it out, Wild Deuce.

Bigus, it sounds like you have plenty of experience and would certainly be ready to try some KD at Atterbury. As far as who gets to go, it's whoever gets in line and registers first - there are 80 spots but we're getting a couple more registrations each day. :rockwoot: And don't forget to get your info to IN@appleseedinfo.org at least one week before the event - that's key to both sign up and to get you in the gate. Looking forward to seeing you both there!

Top Bottom