Appleseed April 17-18: 5x In. Events (Nashville/Cloverdale/Evansville/Wabash/FtWayne)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    thanks to all the instructors and others who work to make this program so great! I had a great time in cloverdale today (as always)! congratulations to all of the new riflemen, hope to shoot with you again!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Mar 21, 2008
    I managed to score Rifleman three times in a row today (my first Appleseed!). I only got one patch, though. :xmad: Guess I'll have to go back again and again to build a collection. :):

dom1104

Shooter
    Mar 23, 2010
    Ok that was just fantastic.

History. Responsibility. Marksmanship. Comaraderie.

Best. Weekend. Ever.

And we got to shoot a bunch of rounds! :ar15::ar15::ar15:

I am definatly coming again to the one in June, going to bring a different rifle.

I think I am going to do this with every rifle I have. Try to get a Rifleman Patch for each one. That.. .would be a good goal.

ALL I gotta say is, I with my wife shot as good as Sue, I wish I had as full a beard as Bill, Was as friendly yet subliminally frightening as Dave, and could procreate as amazingly often as... I cant believe I forgot his name.

My brain is dead. What a weekend.

What a fine bunch of shooters. I would be a Cook all my life just to hang out with those fine examples of Indianas skill with the rifle.

All I can say is... :yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok that was just fantastic.

History. Responsibility. Marksmanship. Comaraderie.

Best. Weekend. Ever.

And we got to shoot a bunch of rounds! :ar15::ar15::ar15:

I am definatly coming again to the one in June, going to bring a different rifle.

I think I am going to do this with every rifle I have. Try to get a Rifleman Patch for each one. That.. .would be a good goal.

ALL I gotta say is, I with my wife shot as good as Sue, I wish I had as full a beard as Bill, Was as friendly yet subliminally frightening as Dave, and could procreate as amazingly often as... I cant believe I forgot his name.

My brain is dead. What a weekend.

What a fine bunch of shooters. I would be a Cook all my life just to hang out with those fine examples of Indianas skill with the rifle.

All I can say is... :yesway:

Edit: I think you're on crack. I've never found anything subliminal about Dave. :D (end edit)

That would be Don Of Many Children.

(Edit #2: I'd say something about Sue also, but I don't know her well enough to tease her yet. Well, not much, anyway. :) )

And my beard is short compared to what it used to look like. :):

We had eight non-Instructor Rifleman in the group photo at Cloverdale, though in fairness, two had achieved the score before and one shoots HighPower. We also had a chilly Saturday and the beginnings of a chilly Sunday as well, but it warmed up nicely enough. I added scores on a whole bunch of AQTs and for the first time (on each of three separate targets), I saw a perfect 50 on the seated stage, a perfect 100 on the slow-fire prone, and one target on which the shooter had a 227. We saw higher scores than that, but I should mention that that Rifleman had two flyers on the slow-fire prone. As each had the possibility of 10 more points, you can imagine what his other stages looked like. (48, 49, 50, 80, IIRC) Please note that I have mentioned no names; I will say only that I know at least four of those eight are INGO members.

Rifleman scores are great, and we LOVE playing a small part in people earning them... but so much more important is the fact that we had people who came out to learn how to use their rifles, but in the process, changed themselves from U.S. citizens into Americans. That is an amazing thing, and it is meaningful and humbling for me to be a part of that process. The heritage of our Founders passing to Americans, both child and adult, the obvious rapt attention to the story of the origin of our country- as an instructor, I find that fulfilling and awesome all at the same time.

Our shooters, Rifleman and not-yet-Rifleman alike, thanked us for being there this weekend. We do these weekends as a labor of love (and sometimes a love of labor!) but I think I can safely speak for Sue, Dave, and Don when I say that it is our honor and our pleasure to have been there with all of you.

Thank YOU, and as always,

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Nashville and Cloverdale have AAR's up, please head there for those and soon the other 3 should be up.

And, yes, you only get one patch per Applseed. Even if you hammer and hammer top notch work on the AQT's. Guess we will just have to see you again. :D

Maybe I should start a thread on Riley, IN which is this coming weekend?! :rockwoot:

Slots still open. And I need to fill the line in order to prove to my wife that doing back to back weekends was worth her.... umm.... patience. :cool:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Scutter,

We do have a 2 for 1 deal going, you can trade in two green patches for 1 orange hat...

Hawkhavn

I thought I saw that he even gets to keep the green patches, didn't I, Hawk?

Such a deal: Two green patches, an orange hat (that if you work on it for a while, turns red! Ask me how I know!), a whole bunch of history and heritage, and one HELL of a sense of satisfaction...

Plus, if you call right now, you get your very own bucket! See Hawkhavn for details.

walrus_bucket.jpg

RandyMarlar

Plinker
    Dec 2, 2008
    Zionsville
    We had a great time and my wife was already asking when we can attend the next Appleseed. She has decided she WILL get one of those patches and I guess she will be keeping my 10/22 so... What to get to replace it?
    Great instructors, great class. A real class act and a credit to gun owners and America.
    Randy :patriot:

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Well you can always take a road trip to Mdm. Yotnottin's home state of Florida and pick one up anytime...

But the offer stands for any color Rifleman's patch.

Hawkhavn

Top Bottom