Appleseed April 17-18: 5x In. Events (Nashville/Cloverdale/Evansville/Wabash/FtWayne)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Appleseed April 17-18: Be a Part of History!

The Appleseed Project will be holding 100 shoots nation wide next month on April 17-18 to commemorate April 19, 1775. Indiana will be holding five of those events throughout the state: Cloverdale, Evansville, Ft. Wayne, Nashville, and Wabash.

For those of you who have never been to an Appleseed Event, we put on two day Heritage and marksmanship clinics that both teach the traditional skills of American marksmanship and also teach the history behind it; particularly the people and events of April 19, 1775.

For a reference point, check out these articles about others in the industry think of Appleseed after attending our events:

Massad Ayoob on Appleseed
    Swat Magazine
    SC National Guard, Ft. Stewart, GA Link 1 , Link 2

For those who have been to an Appleseed, know that these Patriot's Weekend events are everything an Appleseed weekend normally is and more. At some locations there will be special history done by outside groups, and at others we will be working on longer distance shooting. At all events we will pause simultaneously to fire a memory volley for each of the Colonist Militiamen who died in the battles of April 19, 1775 and do so as the largest combined line of shooters in American history.

These weekends are limited in class size. If you are coming, please sign up asap as they are already filling. Many of these events will have other INGO people there so it is a great chance to meet, learn & practice fundamentals, exercise your freedoms as a gun owner, and listen to the vital history and heritage behind it all.

Here is a quick run down of the events:

Cloverdale: West of Indy, this range is known to many as the host of our monthly mini's. DaveD will be shoot boss and will have the honor of having the Indiana Society Sons of the American Revolution come and present during the day. (This is a special honor and more info is here).

Evansville: At the southern part of the state Redbrush is an amazing range. For anyone unable to be at this weekend's Appleseed event, or anyone wanting to return, this range and their training crew is quite the experience. Of all of our ranges, Redbrush has the longest distance capabilities.

Ft. Wayne: WRWIII and the northern Indiana crew will be at the Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club doing their event. This is a very experienced crew that even includes two generations of instructors. On sunday they plan to break out the centerfires and go to 300 yards, conditions permitting.

Nashville: I will be running the event in Brown County at the Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club just outside of Nashville & Gnawbone. This is a first time for this range and a first time for the Bloomington/Nashville/Columbus area. It will be a superb time at a very nice range. If you are from the area, or attending at IU, come on out. I am expecting to see my fair share of INGO hats at this one!

Wabash: This is one of our bedrock ranges and has been holding shoots since the beginning of Appleseed. They know how to run an event and run it well. If you are from the northern part of the state, check it out.

Each of these events will be special, just like the other 95 that will be running at the same time nationwide. Take the time to come, learn, experience, and be a part of Patriots weekend in a way that our founders would recognize and understand.

Links to each event are here:

Cloverdale Information
    Cloverdale Registration

Evansville Information
    Evansville Registration

Ft. Wayne Information
    Ft. Wayne Registration

Nashville Information
    Nashville Registration

Wabash Information
    Wabash Registration

Now, for any of you who cannot attend the April 17-18 weekend, do not despair. The following weekend we will have an extra 6th event at Riley on April 24-25. Riley is my home range and one that many of you have done pistol and rifle matches at. It is a great facility, has onsite camping, is always a great host and will be well worth your time if you cannot attend the April 17-18 events.

Riley Information
    Riley Registration

If you have any questions at all, just let me know, and be sure to come with your INGO hats on!

Techres

P.S. Just in case you wanted some sights, here a flyer for our Indiana program:

4454506844_e3a44188e8_b.jpg

4453727667_b02f47b6c4_b.jpg

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    any of these ranges long enough to contest for the rifleman patch.

Absolutely. The rifleman's patch will be up for the earning at all of the events. The Army Qualification Test (AQT) can be done at 25 yards or at full distance. At most ranges it is done at 25 yards which is actually harder than at full.

Everyone who comes will have plenty of time running AQT's during the weekend.

Techres

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Just signed up three of us for the Nashville Appleseed in April.
    This will be the first firearm class ever for my wife! :rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Just signed up three of us for the Nashville Appleseed in April.
    This will be the first firearm class ever for my wife! :rockwoot:

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you all there. I will get some pictures for her since she will have to put the camera down to do some "bullet" shooting this time. ;)

I have other friends who are coming to learn in part to get the skills they need to deal with coyotes. They are first time shooters and will be running my loaners. This is going to be a very special one for me!

Techres

P.S. Wabash links are live now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, well, well. It seems Cloverdale has lost an instructor. DaveD, Mog, and I will do our part without yellowhousejake, who has decided to take the big plunge at Wabash and get vetted for his Green Hat! :eek: :faint:

:D...show off...:D

Blessings,
    Bill

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Well, well, well. It seems Cloverdale has lost an instructor. DaveD, Mog, and I will do our part without yellowhousejake, who has decided to take the big plunge at Wabash and get vetted for his Green Hat! :eek: :faint:

Blessings,
    Bill

I am only doing it because Techres said the green hats have more padding. :rolleyes:

YHJ

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Man, leave it to techres to steal the help!

We will survive, and wish YHJ a great time in the deep trenches of the Shoot Boss world. :patriot:

DD

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My brother and I will be at Cloverdale!:rockwoot:We are looking forward to meeting you guys and learning to shoot a bit better.:cheers:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Cloverdale is pushing a max of 27 spots on the line with 25 preregistered now. I think it's a sell out with just over two weeks to go! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Cloverdale is pushing a max of 27 spots on the line with 25 preregistered now. I think it's a sell out with just over two weeks to go! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Where are all the people from Bloomington and Brown Co?! I SO expected MSG3 area people to sell out Nashville before Cloverdale.

(Shhhh! Don't tell DaveD - We can still do it - we are over half way there)

Looking forward to seeing everyone there from the old members, the new ones, the mods, and everyone. It's going to be a really amazing weekend.

Techres

Top Bottom