• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    “Until then, we’re in charge – and you’re just shouting from the cheap seats”

about that. You’re paying for your “expensive” seat with laundered public money.

How did she make the leap from tending bar to thinking, "Forget local politics, I would be great in Congress."? In fact, how was she smart enough to even run for office? She has to be backed by someone with at least marginal intelligence, which leads to the question of why would someone choose to put their money on this horse? I'm shaking my damn head.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How did she make the leap from tending bar to thinking, "Forget local politics, I would be great in Congress."? In fact, how was she smart enough to even run for office? She has to be backed by someone with at least marginal intelligence, which leads to the question of why would someone choose to put their money on this horse? I'm shaking my damn head.

Our elected officials vote for laws they don't read, written by lobbyists they have never met, with consequences they have never considered, prompted into action by partisan leadership with agendas they don't fully understand. The people that occupy those seats are largely unimportant beyond their performance on the public stage. It is literal political theater. A distraction for the Netflix generation.

I like the AOC character, I think she's a good mid-season addition. It really builds the tension for the upcoming season finale...I heard she has dragons, but I haven't read the books.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Our elected officials vote for laws they don't read, written by lobbyists they have never met, with consequences they have never considered, prompted into action by partisan leadership with agendas they don't fully understand. The people that occupy those seats are largely unimportant beyond their performance on the public stage. It is literal political theater. A distraction for the Netflix generation.

I like the AOC character, I think she's a good mid-season addition. It really builds the tension for the upcoming season finale...I heard she has dragons, but I haven't read the books.

But they're electric dragons charged by solar panels on their wings. Can't have that dragon breath harming the ozone layer... or something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The group which backed AOC does this. Look for districts which vote solid D, where the primary turnout is very low. Find a person with the right personality who checks all the boxes, run a shady scheme to finance the campaign. Then win the primary with just 15000 votes inna district with 750k registered voters. In such districts the Democrat, regardless of how radical, will always win. Get left wing media to buy in, and next thing you know, she’s the new face of the Democratic Party.

They should write a book. How to subvert the Democratic process in the USA: A case study in how to radicalize a political party.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The group which backed AOC does this. Look for districts which vote solid D, where the primary turnout is very low. Find a person with the right personality who checks all the boxes, run a shady scheme to finance the campaign. Then win the primary with just 15000 votes inna district with 750k registered voters. In such districts the Democrat, regardless of how radical, will always win. Get left wing media to buy in, and next thing you know, she’s the new face of the Democratic Party.

They should write a book. How to subvert the Democratic process in the USA: A case study in how to radicalize a political party.

Agreed, would add, with the small turnout you cite, she ran an underground, at least to her older lackadaisical opponent, social media campaign geared to the affluent, over educated, urban women.

This is why even the Democratics are not happy with her...

MM

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

By the time I post this someone else will have beaten me to the punch, but...

Sol Alinski already did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    By the time I post this someone else will have beaten me to the punch, but...

Sol Alinski already did.
    That was definitely in the same genre. Rules for Radicals, seems more like it was geared towards how to bury political opposition to radical ideas. Similarly, this is hownto pack the legislature with like-minded ideologues. Already AOC has grabbed the Democratic Party by the collective ***** in a way that no rookie has ever done. But she should have learned the lessons of the overly ambitious politicians befor her. You wield too big a stick to bring people in line, they tend to plot your demise. Especially when AOC is really a nobody in seniority, trying to assert power she hasn’t earned. Her peer should remind her that in the only contest that mattered in her district, only 15k people voted for her. It’s tricky as long as a willing press will help provide cover.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Someone with only 15k votes in all the USA is literally initiating a major change in our country! Sort of like Obama was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Winner.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Don't forget about the thousands of administrators who make a 40 year career out of working in government. Those are the people that actually write the rules and pull the levers.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don't forget about the thousands of administrators who make a 40 year career out of working in government. Those are the people that actually write the rules and pull the levers.

I often make a similar point in term limits discussions, it works as Paul notes, then the unelected deep state write the details. If the freedoms we cherish are to survive we must find a way to pull power from DC back to the states.

MM

Top Bottom