Anyone use the 1k lumen LED upgrade for maglite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Yes...and it's awesome.

Installing it is kind of a pain, but the results (battery life/brightness) are spectacular. I recommend the one that isn't a multi-brightness level one. I've had both and it's annoying cycling through the levels.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    of all the folks who I am happy to see respond, you are on the top of that list. I was "suggested" that I pick up a "real" flashlight and I figured I would swing for the fence with a 1k lumen Mag if it really was all that....

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    of all the folks who I am happy to see respond, you are on the top of that list. I was "suggested" that I pick up a "real" flashlight and I figured I would swing for the fence with a 1k lumen Mag if it really was all that....
    What are you currently using? Some sort of Stinger or Strion?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    you get old school cool points plus new school technology. Seriously though, you can charge the thing once and it'll last 6 months. Do yourself a favor and DONT get the multi setting one. It doesn't remember the last setting so if you had it super bright last time it'll be super dim the next time.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    the one I was looking at was the Terra lux MR 310. it has a switch on the unit itself so you can use it as either a multi setting or on-off only.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmm. I've been a Surefire whore for many years but they were never a replacement for my MagCharger. I haven't seen that bad boy in a few years, you've got me wanting to dig it out and upgrade it. This looks like a nice kit.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I got the LED kit for $61 shipped from batteryjunction with a coupon.

I got the light kit with both chargers and all the other kit for $62.99 shipped from asavings.com.

:rockwoot:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I've had a week to use the new light combo now. it is bright as heck but I am a little disappointed in the throw of the light. out past 50 yards or so the beam isn't very tight so it washes out a good bit. the good is that it is almost overkill for looking in vehicles or houses and is blindingly bright at personal contact distances. with $120 into it I think it will serve me well and I'm not sorry I spent the cash.

Top Bottom