• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Encore460Mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Huntingburg
    I picked up some berry bullets .401 165g Flat Point for my 10mm,had a heck of a time setting the seating die up for these,just wondering if anyone else has used them and how you like them?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I love them. The 165 grain bullet weight in the .40 S&W hits a good balance of power, recoil and accuracy. I also tried the 155 gr. but am going to stick with the 165's. It seems the accuracy peaks near the higher end of the powder charge specs. At least in a Beretta. I set them on top of Titegroup.

Make a dummy round and keep it in your die box to speed up the adjustment of your bullet seater die. Good Luck

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've used them in the past, but they tend to come apart at real 10mm velocities.

Considering that you can get Zero or Precision delta 40/10mm bullets at about the same price, there's really no point.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive run 1000s of em for .40.
    nice bullets. they have some blemeshes in the copper jacket but function nicely.

i also had issues seating them at first. they seemed to bulge cases or otherwise insert weirdly. ended up belling a bit more and it solved my issues. Dillon 550B

Encore460Mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Huntingburg
    Randygun,I picked up a colt delta elite two tone that was traded in at my lgs set up pretty nice wilson trigger,hammer,compensator,only had one mag with it so will have to find some of those,was my christmas present from wife and kids so will keep this for a long time,called colt with serial number date manf. was 1988 looks great but still have not got to fire it yet.I will probally pick up another in the 10 also glock or maybe a Rock Island tac that looks good in pics I have seen...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    im using a dif bullet now but my press is set up the same as it was for the Berry ones. i can show you how much i bell if you like, im pressing .40 atm as it happens.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had some and they were terrible. I would miss steel plates at 7 yards with every shot switch mags to a full one of hornady bullets and punch out the center of the plate with every shot. In my simple opinion, plated bullets are great for slow moving cartridges but a full power 10mm deserves a good bullet. I had bought something like 1000 of the berrys bullets for mine and it was just awful, lots of bluedot powder was wasted on those. Do whatever you want but I'd avoid them.

Encore460Mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Huntingburg
    Thanks havok but I think I finally got it set up right,I loaded a few dummy rounds and the worked fine in the mag and chamber also cycled fine manually.I will probally just stick the 180xtps after I use these up.

Top Bottom