• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    389   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    There is a lot of opinions on the internet re: suppressing 45ACP. I have several Glocks with Osprey suppressors and they're as quiet as my 9mm 147gn guns. On top of that, they make steel sing harder.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    .........45 acp isn’t the best caliber to suppress. Yes, they are subsonic, but having a bigger hole in the far end let’s more sound out. Smaller hole in the can generally equals less noise.

The objective of a suppressor is to reduce the noise impulse caused by an uncontrolled, instantaneous burst of gasses. It functions by slowing down the combustion gasses and allow them to exit at lower speeds and staggered times. The physical size of the can, and design of the baffles, have much more effect than the size of the exit hole.
    Plus, you can use an ablative for more deceleration (silicone, wire pulling snot).

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    I occasionally run a Thompson Machine Poseidon on a 1911 and it runs fine, but it's also a wet/wiped micro suppressor, no booster required.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have a RIA with drop-in threaded barrel and an old Gemtech SOS-45 can with no booster. It works OK but probably isn't as quiet as today's options. Whether you need a booster or not will depend on the weight of the can, what recoil spring you are running, and the ammo. This can is 6 ounces but I don't remember which recoil spring i ended up with.

1722002466060.png

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Not sure if I should pick up a thread adapter for $90 to put my old steel Coastal can on it. Until I get bored. Or put the money toward a nicer one. Or both?? Hmm

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I have a RIA with drop-in threaded barrel and an old Gemtech SOS-45 can with no booster. It works OK but probably isn't as quiet as today's options. Whether you need a booster or not will depend on the weight of the can, what recoil spring you are running, and the ammo. This can is 6 ounces but I don't remember which recoil spring i ended up with.

View attachment 368734
    BTW that one does look pretty nice.

Top Bottom