• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrdryoung

Plinker
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just picked up a SMI barreled NEF muzzleloader. Can't wait to shoot it. Any suggestions for a powder scale? The SMI load charts list charges to the whole grain. I'd prefer to measure to the .1 grain if possible. I'm wanting to go digital. Once I do get her out, I'll post some pics of the results.

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is my first smokeless. I have an inline and a side cap (both blackpowder) but don't enjoy the cleaning as much as the shooting. Savage produced (maybe still producing?) a smokeless ml and there are a couple of other manufacturers out there as well. SMI is actually located in indiana. They use 50 cal Douglas barrel blanks and can mate a barrel to different guns.

Smokelessmuzzleloading.com

danatkins

Marksman
    Mar 12, 2011
    i'd heard of the savage never heard of anyone else doing it. wonder if you can push the standarg 50 bmg bullets?

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't know about pushing the standard 50 bmg bullets. I'd think it would be a bit tough to shove one down the barrel but I may be wrong. It seems like most people only shoot saboted rounds with smokeless. So that means no powerbelts also.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Jan 6, 2013
    Savage ML10

Own a Savage ML, have a Leopuld scope on it, with good rings and bases.
    The gun will shot MOA from a rest with sabot loads out to 100- 150 yds. I am quite pleased with it, have a laminated thumbhole stock on it, and have shot several deer with it. All heart shots, and they literally dropped in their tracks.
    And I didn't have that messy clean up to do with the rifle when I got home. Doesn't get any better than that.

wildman

Plinker
    Dec 22, 2009
    savage 10 ml smokless

Go to dougs message board, u can read and find out all bout the smokeless mz. save your money and get u one,you never look at black powder again.:twocents:

x10

Master
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I too shoot a savage and while its better now, A few years ago I was having problems blowing through the sabots

choose your sabots wisely

Top Bottom