• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I think it is out there. Premium anyway. What are prices where you live? Cheapest in Fishers is $3.73 for regular right now.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I think it is out there. Premium anyway. What are prices where you live? Cheapest in Fishers is $3.73 for regular right now.
    About the same on the Westside. I've started filling up at 1/2 tank as part of my preparedness routine. It also keeps the shock from each fill up less. :xmad:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Premium was well over $4 where I live on Wednesday.

Here's a kick in the head. I have a huge tank in my truck, so I usually wait for prices to go down as long as I can. On Wednesday morning on my way to work, I noticed that regular was down to $3.529 per gallon, so I decided to fill my tank on my way home in the evening. Naturally, when I was on my way home from work, the price had gone up to $3.849.

There does not exist a change in crude prices, economic event, or devaluation of currency that can justify a sudden $0.32 per gallon increase for gasoline that was refined months ago. They're playing these games with the prices because they can and they know suckers like us will just keep paying whatever they choose to charge. I used to think $3.00 per gallon was the "breaking point," but obvious $4.00 per gallon probably isn't. I wonder if there is a price that people won't pay.

I've been cooped-up in the house since then grading final exams, so I'm afraid about what I'm going to see when I drive this week and need to get gas.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Premium is usually only 20 cents a gallon more than regular. For a 14 gal tank that is only $2.80 more per fill up.

I think "only" may not be the word you are looking for here. Would you like to have gas at 3.50? No thanks, gas only 20 cents more than that. They will hike the prices because we will pay it. No they will increase the prices because we HAVE to pay it. Unless someone has the compressed air car or something else I don't know about. I swear I am going to buy a moped.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The first diesel engine ran on Peanut oil anyway. I almost want to buy one to run it on oil to screw big oil. But it's just little ol me.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think "only" may not be the word you are looking for here. Would you like to have gas at 3.50? No thanks, gas only 20 cents more than that. They will hike the prices because we will pay it. No they will increase the prices because we HAVE to pay it. Unless someone has the compressed air car or something else I don't know about. I swear I am going to buy a moped.

No that was exactly what I was trying to say. I wasn't talking about the base price of gas, just comparing the price of premium to regular. Premium is 20 cents more a gallon than regular (87 octane is the base price, 91 is base + 10 cents, and 93 is base plus 20 cents) and has been for a while and ONLY costs $2.80 more to fill up a 14 gal tank than regular. If an extra $2.80 a week or so will break you, well then I doubt you even have enough money for a car. Actually as the base price of gas rises the upcharge for premium gets lower percentage-wise.

As for the base pice of gas, sure, I would like it as cheap as possible like everyone else. I do realize that the days of sub $1 (or even $2) a gallon gas is long over for a large number or reasons.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The oil companies make less per unit of what they sell now than they did years ago. They just are selling a hell of a lot more units.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    BTW the going market price of oil is $126 a barrel. That = $3 a gallon, just for crude. (there are 42 gallons in a barrel).

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok fair enough. I am definately not a fan of big oil. I saw a commercial the other day that they were "people too."

Yup they are and they employ a crap load of hard working people. Also "big oil" isn't a person. There isn't a Mr. Exxon-Mobil. They are a publically held company. The profits go to their stock holders. Who are their stock holders? Do you have a 401k? If so, chances are you are part of "big oil" and are making money off their profits.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    epsylum, preach it brother!

Folks that blame "big oil" for fuel prices need to learn how the system works.

Also, I am feeling pretty good with the EXXON stock I bought in the early 90's. :rockwoot:

My only problem with "big oil", if they were smart, they would start a big propoganda campaign explaining how the system works, thus showing who the "percieved" bad guys are.

Top Bottom