• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Will be two weeks on Monday and a call to Kel-Tec each week and still no barrel wrench in the mail today. How long to get a piece in the mail or whatever shipper they used from Florida to Indiana?

bowhunter911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2024
    La Crosse Indiana
    Will be two weeks on Monday and a call to Kel-Tec each week and still no barrel wrench in the mail today. How long to get a piece in the mail or whatever shipper they used from Florida to Indiana?
    i would try an email to lynne@keltecweapons.com . i shot the p17 last week and again yesterday, i think it really is my favorite shooter. it is effortless to bounce a shotgun shell around the berm at 25 yards very quickly. my 80 year old mother really likes it too, i took this picture of her shooting it yesterday.

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
      download (2).jpg
      209.1 KB · Views: 7

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    i would try an email to lynne@keltecweapons.com . i shot the p17 last week and again yesterday, i think it really is my favorite shooter. it is effortless to bounce a shotgun shell around the berm at 25 yards very quickly. my 80 year old mother really likes it too, i took this picture of her shooting it yesterday.
    Thanks. I will do this. Picked up my can this week and and hoped to try it out this weekend.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Had fun trying out a Kel-Tec P17 that Zachcz bought new about 1.5 yrs ago.
    140 rounds with no issues.
    WEIGHT = less than 14 ozs.
    MAGAZINE =16 rds (x3)
    LENGTH= 6.7″
    BARREL LENGTH = 3.8″
    HEIGHT = 5.3″
    WIDTH = 1.2″
    TRIGGER PULL = 3lbs
    Sights = fiber optic front sight & adjustable rear sight

I hate the magazines since they don't have a "plunger" to assist pushing the spring down for the next round.
    After a couple of mags killing my thumb, I limited my loading to loading only 10 rounds, haha!

Maybe with a different ammo I could get 5/5 rds. into my 1.75" circles??
    But, the Federal AutoMatch traditionally does a fine for me.
    1712266582439.png

1712266633015.png

bowhunter911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2024
    La Crosse Indiana
    i like pocket holsters (sticky type) for everything, the only other kind i will use is paddle holsters. im a fat guy (250lbs), so IWB is a no go for me. the p17 will fit in BDU or regular jeans front pocket. i used to carry a g26 in the pocket as well.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I get their daily email.
    and Rural King seems to have them on sale regularly.
    If you have a RK nearby, it only costs $10 to have one delivered to a local store, if they don't have them in the store.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking for one right now, the stars have aligned, and the money is there, but trying to find one locally (New Albany)
    I chuckled when i read your reference, "the stars have aligned, and the money is there."
    Funds were low at a time and I'm still kicking myself for not stretching out to buy a "bucket list" used $1200 gun that the person came down from $1000.
    They got their $1200 at a gun show one weekend while I was trying to get my courage up.
    Runs about $1700 to buy new, so it will never happen.
    I consoled myself buy buying the Colt King Cobra .22LR, 6", 10 round, haha! .
    I'm supposed to be in trimming mode, but I can't seem to shake the, "one last splurge mode." haha!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Sportsman’s warehouse in Brownsburg says they have them In stock.
    I'm in Southern Indiana, called a local gun shop across the river in Louisville, and he said they had them, and could transfer to my LGS, so when I get the finance dept approval, I'll pull the trigger, so to speak...

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom