• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I have a job interview soon and was wondering if anyone had any advice or words of wisdom. Things I should brush up on, things that you know they may ask me about? Actually any advice on this from anyone would be appreciated.:rockwoot:

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    Google questions in an interview. It helped me understand the purpose of the questions. Especially the one about you greatest weakness. That answer should be a weakness you are thing into a strength. It's worth doing some reading on the questions.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    for sales position? or?

I've never interviewed at gander, but worked in electronic sales for 3 years. If its for sales just be ready to answer questions related to the work. One thing we always did with people at the first interview is ask them to sell us something, usually a pen. Its not about how you present the pen, its about your way of talking to people, and being comfortable with making conversation with complete strangers. and always be ready for that "what would be the benefit of choosing you over the other applicants" question. that will usually throw people off, because they basically have to brag about themselves, without sounding like a total a**hat.

If its not for sales, I got nothing. if it is, is it gun sales?? just curious.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    It all depends on what department you're being interviewed for. If it's back for firearms and you know anything about bows, tell them. Right now, there are really only 3 of us who work on bows. Otherwise, they will just asks you the normal questions. If you're there for another position, and if you know a decent amount about guns, let them know that. They will probably bring you back to help during hunting season when we pick up a lot.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Gander is going to be my retirement job when I am old (er) and grey (er) . Sort of like the Wal-mart greeter:cool: only I will get to hang out with guns:yesway: until they toss me out for making fun of the crazy people :laugh:..... It will be fate...a destiny... something I just know that will happen ...some day...:rolleyes:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Take a dead squirrel with you, keep it in your pocket. When they say "Why should we hire you?"...grab that varmint out of your pocket, slam it down on the table and skin in out in less than 15 seconds....look 'em in the eye and say "That's why!"

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Take a dead squirrel with you, keep it in your pocket. When they say "Why should we hire you?"...grab that varmint out of your pocket, slam it down on the table and skin in out in less than 15 seconds....look 'em in the eye and say "That's why!"

Yeah. That'll work!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Gander is going to be my retirement job when I am old (er) and grey (er) . Sort of like the Wal-mart greeter:cool: only I will get to hang out with guns:yesway: until they toss me out for making fun of the crazy people :laugh:..... It will be fate...a destiny... something I just know that will happen ...some day...:rolleyes:

Gander Indy South has one of those. Its name is Chuck.. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom