Anyone Making Signs for the Indy 2A Protest?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Sorry, that was for Turkeyboy.

If we can't carry rifles at an event where is legal to do so and specifically in support of our 2A rights where could we ever expect to carry our rifles? If you carry just use your brain and don't be baited by the antis into doing anything detremental to our cause.
    The rally on Feb 8th allows carry of long guns.

Turkeyboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sorry, that was for Turkeyboy.

If we can't carry rifles at an event where is legal to do so and specifically in support of our 2A rights where could we ever expect to carry our rifles? If you carry just use your brain and don't be baited by the antis into doing anything detremental to our cause.

So if something is legal, that means it's the best thing to do? Soon it will be legal to take your guns away... I came out to promote the cause of constitutional freedom, not to play show-and-tell. So please, tell me how showing the world what a "gun totin' badass" you are appeals to people who are on the fence on thee issue. It in no way helped and makes us all look like fools. Any positive message we would have is overshadowed by it. I had hoped I wasn't the only one here who cared enough to try and make a difference.

P.s. Open Carry for pistols is tactically stupid in everyday carry. You only cause panic in those who don't understand the laws and make yourself the first target for a shooter. Anyone who is serious about self-defense and doesn't need to put on a show carries concealed.

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There were 50+ evil black rifles carried openly downtown today and nobody was hurt. ASTOUNDING!!!

IF someones panties got in a bunch at the sight of such atrocious behavior, well, they need to see a psychiatrist.

Turkeyboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Turkeyboy I respect your opinion. Welcome to INGO.

Now get a ****ing clue already.

Yes, clearly my lengthy and well thought-out posts are actually those of a clueless idiot. Thanks for the warm welcome, Random Internet Tough Guy!

I have a rifles too, doesn't mean I carry it in the city like a moron.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    So if something is legal, that means it's the best thing to do? Soon it will be legal to take your guns away... I came out to promote the cause of constitutional freedom, not to play show-and-tell. So please, tell me how showing the world what a "gun totin' badass" you are appeals to people who are on the fence on thee issue. It in no way helped and makes us all look like fools. Any positive message we would have is overshadowed by it. I had hoped I wasn't the only one here who cared enough to try and make a difference.

P.s. Open Carry for pistols is tactically stupid in everyday carry. You only cause panic in those who don't understand the laws and make yourself the first target for a shooter. Anyone who is serious about self-defense and doesn't need to put on a show carries concealed.

It gets better, stick around. You'll get into a few carry thread debates that will drag out for days. You'll be told that you hate them for their freedom. After a while, apathy sets in and even though you know that what they're doing is counter-productive to the fight at hand - it just isn't worth the effort to reply anymore.

I didn't get too worked up over keyboard kommandos and the attention whores following the news cameras around today.

The chuckleheads with their mags inserted and safeties off did get that pointed out though.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Yes, clearly my lengthy and well thought-out posts are actually those of a clueless idiot. Thanks for the warm welcome, Random Internet Tough Guy!

Sooo since someone else does something you don't he's a jackass? Smooth.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek

I agree with you . However,you will quickly learn on this forum that there is a hardcore group that believes wholeheartedly that bludgeoning the public into acceptance is the correct course of action. They also will be the first to scream foul about liberal tactics of shouting down opposing views and not letting them speak, all the while doing the exact same thing to others on here if they are not agreed with. They would,in most cases,also be the first to scream about public behavior that, while legal, they disagree with. Like homosexual behavior. It is okay for them because they are right but not for anyone else because,obviously,they are wrong.Just like the liberals, you cannot win in an argument with them since their argument is based on emotion and ideology. When confronted they will resort to name calling and questions of your intelligence. Most on here have learned to just skip to the next post and ignore them. Welcome to INGO.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

Turkeyboy, how many open carriers did you condescend to their face today?

How many did you even politely mention to their face that you did not approve?

Who is the internet tough guy? You have some some things to work out in your mind. I genuinely hope you do so.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    RE: Abortion. I prefer to stay away from topics that don't pertain to the issue at hand. (Second Ammendment)
    Here are a few ideas I had been kicking around for a sign.

-Disarming innocent People does not protect innocent people

-You actually think criminals will obey gun control laws?

-I can't wait to be lectured about my gun rights by an Administration responsible for giving guns to Mexican drug cartel members.

-Banning Assault weapons would have prevented the Sandy Hook Shooting? False. Connecticut already had an assault rifle ban.

-What part of "...Will not be infringed." confuses you?

-Every year 100,000 people die from obesity in the USA. Ban Forks and Spoons!

-In any massacre, the law-abiding are violated twice. The dead, by the psychos who kill them. The living, by the politicians who try to disarm them for the next psycho.

-Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

-The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a 9mm is 1250 FPS feet per second.

I had at least 100 people take pictures of my sign and got many positive comments today.
    MY sign red.
    Obama protects my right to kill my unborn baby but not my right to protect my children.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple

I Open Carried today. I was friendly, smiled and waved and cars that were passing by, dressed well, and carried myself in a polite and respectful way. I have been on the fence about Open Carry for a long time now and after today I'm sold on it. The fact is, whether we were out there with guns or just signs, those who scoffed at us already have their minds made up about this issue. Someone holding a sign likening Obama to Hitler is just as likely to turn someone off about guns than someone carrying a rifle or handgun. And those who might be on the fence, how can you say that them seeing a bunch of OCers who are acting politely won't also open their eyes to the fact that it's not the gun that is the problem, rather than the crazy person who uses it to do evil? Whether or not you carry open or concealed is your own business, but to join the forums and then instantly start sounding off about how everyone that OCs is a moron is disrespectful and annoying.

Turkeyboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I agree with you . However,you will quickly learn on this forum that there is a hardcore group that believes wholeheartedly that bludgeoning the public into acceptance is the correct course of action. They also will be the first to scream foul about liberal tactics of shouting down opposing views and not letting them speak, all the while doing the exact same thing to others on here if they are not agreed with. They would,in most cases,also be the first to scream about public behavior that, while legal, they disagree with. Like homosexual behavior. It is okay for them because they are right but not for anyone else because,obviously,they are wrong.Just like the liberals, you cannot win in an argument with them since their argument is based on emotion and ideology. When confronted they will resort to name calling and questions of your intelligence. Most on here have learned to just skip to the next post and ignore them. Welcome to INGO.[/

Thank you! I was unaware such a class of gunowners existed. I will do my best to not engage them and be productive in spite of their counterproductivity.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    The chuckleheads with their mags inserted and safeties off did get that pointed out though.
    You do realize an AR is only able to be put on 'SAFE' when it is charged, right? This is regardless of whether a magazine is inserted or not. All of the ARs I own currently have a magazine inserted, are not charged, and are set on 'FIRE'. This makes them no less safe than charging them and being able to set them on 'SAFE'.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    You do realize an AR is only able to be put on 'SAFE' when it is charged, right? This is regardless of whether a magazine is inserted or not. All of the ARs I own currently have a magazine inserted, are not charged, and are set on 'FIRE'. This makes them no less safe than charging them and being able to set them on 'SAFE'.

I'm aware. There were two AKs with the safety disengaged. I politely mentioned something to their owners. One re-engaged the safety. The other chattered on about it being safe enough for him.

I'm just trying to prevent accidents, when possible.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm aware. There were two AKs with the safety disengaged. I politely mentioned something to their owners. One re-engaged the safety. The other chattered on about it being safe enough for him.

I'm just trying to prevent accidents, when possible.
    Ok, I wasn't sure. I saw the mention of ARs, and with the workings of them, I presumed that is what you were referring to.

In my opinion, if you are able to actuate the safety, you should do so. Especially on a presumably slung rifle.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

You obviously don't know me. :welcome: to :ingo: by the way. Those who do know me know I'm not some frustrated Rambo type looking for trouble. I simply saw this as a way to express my support for 2A rights and (a first for me) I decided to OC a rifle at the event. Many of us did and from my perspective the event went beautifully. I didn't even see a hint of confrontation between the antis and the 2A supporters--not one. The crowd (500 or so, I'd say) was on its best behavior and I left the event truly proud to have participated and proud of all who participated. Would I go around OC a rifle on random days? Hell no, not uless I wanted to put up with MWAG call hassles on a regular basis. That's why I carry a Sub 2000 which folds up and fits in a laptop case. :D

In closing, I've grown to appreciate many differing viewpoints since becoming a member of this community. I hope you achieve the same.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Try to CONVINCE the Military of that..... for 26 years, we "cocked" our M-16's, and put them on safe, and put them away, in the "Arms room" where they "sat" until "next time"..... Wonder how come they went to MAINTENANCE for repair, and parts replacement, EVERY YEAR !!!!!

Top Bottom