• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have a modified Stevens 94 H 12 guage that was in need of a sling. I decided I would try my hand at making one Monday mornig while I was waiting for the grass to dry so I could cut.

IMAG0301_1_1.jpg

I used Winchester 1" Swivels and Hardware to mount and about 60' of 550 Paracord. It took about two hours to mark, drill, mount hardware and to twist up the sling.

IMAG0299.jpg

It's nothing special but for my first one I think it turned out pretty good. Up next is a handmade leather shell holder for the stock.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Nice job!

I just sold my business that makes outdoors textiles, so I pretty much make anything of my own that has to do with slings or webbing or the like. I've done a little leatherworking but I'm not that good at it. I've thought about a paracord sling.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Nice job!

I just sold my business that makes outdoors textiles, so I pretty much make anything of my own that has to do with slings or webbing or the like. I've done a little leatherworking but I'm not that good at it. I've thought about a paracord sling.

So far I have only made a few things out of leather and it's not easy. I think paracord is a lot of fun to work with. I have made bracelets, dog collars, bow wrist sling, knife lanyards, keychains and my all time favorite can coozies.

IMAG0194.jpg

Here's a picture of the coozie. You can also use it as a pouch. I have made a lot of these for friends and coworkers.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    So far I have only made a few things out of leather and it's not easy. I think paracord is a lot of fun to work with. I have made bracelets, dog collars, bow wrist sling, knife lanyards, keychains and my all time favorite can coozies.

IMAG0194.jpg

Here's a picture of the coozie. You can also use it as a pouch. I have made a lot of these for friends and coworkers.

I use one of those for spent brass at the range. :D Oh, nice sling!

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I made this sling for my AK. It's a two point, adjustable, with a quick disconnect. I also threw on a velcro strip to retain the sling when the rifle is not in use. I used a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling as my inspiration... Excuse the dog hair in the photos :):

null_zps9c1c74ad.jpg

HK Hook Snap
    null_zps1f00805b.jpg

Adjustment points
    null_zps69bc31d8.jpg

Quick Disconnect in the rear
    null_zps26da9154.jpg

Velcro retainer
    null_zps8623f721.jpg

Sling in retension
    null_zps02488535.jpg

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I've made a couple of King Cobra paracord slings for my shotguns. One of them is just a little bit long, but functions well.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've made a couple slings from components I bought at strapworks . com. It's cheaper and I can spec the material and color. Up next is a paracord sling. Hopefully similar to the OP's since his is nice!

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I made this sling for my AK. It's a two point, adjustable, with a quick disconnect. I also threw on a velcro strip to retain the sling when the rifle is not in use. I used a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling as my inspiration... Excuse the dog hair in the photos :):

null_zps9c1c74ad.jpg

HK Hook Snap
    null_zps1f00805b.jpg

Adjustment points
    null_zps69bc31d8.jpg

Quick Disconnect in the rear
    null_zps26da9154.jpg

Velcro retainer
    null_zps8623f721.jpg

Sling in retension
    null_zps02488535.jpg

I like the looks of that a lot. Once I order the hardware I am going to try my hand at something similar out of paracord.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

IMAG0194.jpg

any instruction on how to make one? I could really use a waterbottle holder on my backpack

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    There's a lot that goes into making one. What kind of water bottle do you have?

i was hoping to just use them with disposable water bottles. I buy a lot of disposable water bottles so that would be easiest for me, and just switch them out.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Top Bottom