Anyone know the cheepest and easiest way to Clean spent brass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    I use walnut shells in my tumbler. I got the tumble and 20 lb of walnut shells at my local Harbor Freight. The brass isn't shiny like new, but I have never had a problem because of it.

Slim400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS SS IN
    CLEAN BRASS

TAKE A 2POUND COFFY CAN FILL WITH MEDA AND BRASS DUCK TAPE TO A DRYER AB OUT 90 MIN THIS WHAT I DID BE FOR I HAD MONEY WIFE WAS NOT HAPPY BUT WHEN I TALKET ABOUT TAKING OUT OF HOUSE BUGGET 20 YARES A GO SHEE SEEN THE LIGHT :D

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    A Winner...

TAKE A 2POUND COFFY CAN FILL WITH MEDA AND BRASS DUCK TAPE TO A DRYER AB OUT 90 MIN THIS WHAT I DID BE FOR I HAD MONEY WIFE WAS NOT HAPPY BUT WHEN I TALKET ABOUT TAKING OUT OF HOUSE BUGGET 20 YARES A GO SHEE SEEN THE LIGHT :D

I believe here is this week's winner!! Bill.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Need:
    Public Laundromat washing machine
    Pillowcase liner with built-in zipper on one end
    Dirty brass cases for cleaning
    Laundry soap
    Money

Place brass in pillowcase, and zip closed before leaving your vehicle. Upon locating an empty, available washer...recheck zipper to ensure that it is in fact-zipped closed. Insert pillowcase in washing machine, and add laundry soap. Close lid, add coins, and start washer on normal cycle. After machine load is finished, take your pillow liner with brass, and sneak out of the building. Voila! (If you do this at home as a married man, your days of harmonious bliss may be numbered!)

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The brass cleans and dries easier and more completely with the primers out. A $10 universal de-priming tool takes care of that. A quick trip through the tumbler or ultrasonic will pretty much take all the dirt off. Soak the brass for 5 or so minutes to brighten them up a little in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water with a little salt thrown in.

You can always skip all the cleaning if you decide you don't need to inspect the cases for damage or you just really like having dirty rounds in your weapon.

kfanton123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    clinton indiana
    My brass goes into the pocket of my sweatshirt. By the time I get home, the brass is clean and the inside of my pocket is dirty. But since I can't see it, it doesn't count.:)

It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Contrary to popular belief, brass does not need to be cleaned of firing residue before resizing. If it drops into the mud, you should wash the mud off, but that is all.

When vibratory cleaners came on the market, guys had to think of reasons to use them. We didn't have them for many years and never missed them.
    throw some corn cob media in there and yuo would be good to go

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Just an ordinary vibrating tumbler with corn cob media does the trick quite nicley, this is the one I use 43930 - Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-Ez Case Tumbler and 110 Volt Separator Master Kit and it does a wonderfull job plus it comes with everything you need to get started all you need to do is add your decapped brass. Remove a few hours later and you have nicley cleaned brass.
    What he said. Ive been reloadind for about 2 years now. And just got the kit he mentioned.

Top Bottom