Anyone know of any Pro-Concealed Carry Police Depts in IL?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    My dad (who is a resident in IL) and I where talking tonight because he just received his FOID card that is required in IL and will be applying for his Carry License as soon as he can. He said that all​ of the police departments in IL are anti-concealed carry and I said that there has got to be one that is pro or at least neutral. He said that he didn't know of any. So does anyone know of any police departments in IL that are pro-concealed carry, or at least not against it? :dunno:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I would guess there may be several counties in the central or southern part of the state that have some semblance of sanity. So it's a good possibility.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    That would be my guess too. I did try to find a press release or something similar to show him that there are a good number of LEOs who are in fact not hostile to CCers. He does live in the Chicago area so he hears mostly negative from his local news sources.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I don't recall which ones, but there were at least a few counties that passed resolutions to not enforce the IL no carry law before the new law was passed.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    There are a lot of pro-carry police downstate. IIRC it was about four years ago we had a "town hall" type meeting in Champaign Illinois. My local Sheriff (Vermilion County) was one of the speakers for CCW and the Sheriffs from two other counties were there to also show support. Jim.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    There's a CPD guy that does security on the side at our building. We chatted about it one day and he's all for it, but I doubt he speaks for anyone else.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've worked construction in Chicago for the last 3 yrs., I deal with alot of the officers there. Every single officer I've talked to was very PRO gun, the higher ups might not be but the guys out on the street seem to be all for it.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I've worked construction in Chicago for the last 3 yrs., I deal with alot of the officers there. Every single officer I've talked to was very PRO gun, the higher ups might not be but the guys out on the street seem to be all for it.
    I could see that, especially if the higher ups are elected or appointed and they are pandering to their constituents.

Onrails

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    From what I was told Macon County (Decatur) will not prosecute as long as you have your FOID.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Paris Illinois or Edgar County. I was told that you will not be prosecuted so long as you are not found to be carrying in a bar.

Top Bottom