Anyone know of any place hiring (INGO help needed)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I am not asking for a handout, and I hate having to air her laundry. As a matter of fact, if I told
    her I was trying to help her out by posting online she would probably get mad. That said, I just
    cant stand seeing her stress out about paying her bills and keeping her home.

Many times it comes down to who you know. Posting here is great. She needs to make sure all her friends and acquaintances know she is looking, in fact give each of them a resume so they know her skills and history.

With that said have her look at volunteering. Make sure it is someplace with other volunteers who will see her hard work and be able to offer her or recommend her for a job. This might help her get over the too old to work hard assumption.

She has been driving for UBER to help pay the bills.

Make sure she tells every one of her passengers. Either bring it up in conversation if she is good at that. If she is shy about saying something simply hang a resume in the car for the passenger to read.

She works out frequently and is in outstanding health and physical shape.

Make sure she tells the people she works out with.

She has a 2 year associates degree from a college in Ohio (I know it sounds horrible but right off
    hand I don't remember the college or the major).

Would it be from The Ohio State University? The two of you should not be embarrassed about that. :): Go ahead and put in on her resume.

All kidding aside, you should have a copy of her resume so you can talk her up. You never know when you might encounter the right person.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I definitely appreciate everyones help and kind words in response to this post. I will be reaching out to those of you who asked me to and I will also be preparing her a list of all of these suggestions for her to pursue. Thank you all very much and keep the suggestions coming.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Most CVS locations are hiring. Go for a front store job and she can work her way up if she wants to, especially from the sounds of her background. Store managers make pretty good money

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Have her try the local schools. The school system I work at always needs subs and that gets your foot in the door, then you can go after a full time position when one opens.

Also, don't know what her degree is in but now days you don't need a teaching degree to become a teacher. Just some college education/degree and a teaching certificate, we have a few where I'm at.

I wish her the very best of luck, I switched jobs when I was 51 and was worried my age would be a factor.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have family working for Community Health Network, they always seem to be hiring for a multitude of positions. They offer solid pay and benefits, lots of different schedules available depending upon openings.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Thatnks for all the help and words of encouragement. Possibly have a couple leads thanks to INGO but im gonna bump this back uop and see if anybody else has any input. Thanks again INGO

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Resurrecting this thread to see if there is any more insight. So far no dice, but Uber has helped keep her afloat. I appreciate any input.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom