Anyone having luck finding components they want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    There's a lot of talk about ammunition and I see that it's becoming available at least. I wouldn't say what I've seen was at a good price, but at least it's becoming available. I haven't heard much about reloading supplies. I haven't seen that area come back either. I'd love to buy some decent 9mm bullets, but even though I could get 500 Montana Gold 124gr JHP's on websites for $70 plus shipping I think I should wait until better deals become available.

Has anyone got a source for reloading powders & bullets? I'm not in any rush, but I am still amazed at how long this shortage has lasted.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    whats your location? i haven't seen my preferred brands of stuff lately but i see components locally here. reasonably priced but i have barely shot at all this year so haven't been buying.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    I lucked into small and large pistol primers at Down by the Tracks in Galveston and ProFire in Indy respectively. The search continues for powders.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd prefer to find some cheap 115gr FMJ bullets for a 9mm. When I can't find them cheap it seems like it's not much more to get a JHP bullet that's a little better since already paying a premium. I'd love to get some Ramshot TAC or comparable powder, but that's like finding a unicorn anymore. Basically I've got a bunch of old primers and brass, but I can't seem to find anything reasonably priced for bullets & powders.

We moved about a year ago and before we did I went on a reloading binge and cranked out a bunch of ammo, because I knew moving with a small family with kids the last thing I'd be able to settle back into at the new place was my reloading gear. I got lucky on timing, but I had a nice little pile of ammo all ready for the move and didn't have to worry about the ammo panic so much at first. I've still got all the ammo I'd need, but every round fired gets me that much more anxious to resupply my inventory.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I just happened to be traveling to OH for work last month, found a place called Fur, Fins, and Feathers that had W231 in stock, and was able to pick up 3, 4lb jugs for the same price as Powder Valley, with out paying the hazmat fee. I was also able to score 10K of primers from Powder Valley a couple of months back.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The search continues for powders.

I lucked into small and large pistol primers at Down by the Tracks in Galveston and ProFire in Indy respectively. The search continues for powders.

Did you try the Indiana Gun Club??--http://www.indianagunclub.com/

They have been my Go-To place in my area..Bill.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'd prefer to find some cheap 115gr FMJ bullets for a 9mm. When I can't find them cheap it seems like it's not much more to get a JHP bullet that's a little better since already paying a premium. I'd love to get some Ramshot TAC or comparable powder, but that's like finding a unicorn anymore. Basically I've got a bunch of old primers and brass, but I can't seem to find anything reasonably priced for bullets & powders.

We moved about a year ago and before we did I went on a reloading binge and cranked out a bunch of ammo, because I knew moving with a small family with kids the last thing I'd be able to settle back into at the new place was my reloading gear. I got lucky on timing, but I had a nice little pile of ammo all ready for the move and didn't have to worry about the ammo panic so much at first. I've still got all the ammo I'd need, but every round fired gets me that much more anxious to resupply my inventory.

I just picked up Hornady 115gr FMJ at Grafs. Bulk discount available. I just picked up 500.

Graf & Sons - HRN 9MM (.355) 115gr FMJ BULLET RN BULK PER 100

pistlshuutr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Components can be a challenge but be diligent in your search. I just got a 300 AAC upper and had to really search for H110 and bullets. Found it a small shop near my house. Big chains did not have it one said it MAY be in the store next week another said they are not sure what will be in their next powder shipment. I did get some great bullets for friends at a fair price and I even bartered for some others.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Extreme bullets I have seen 9mm for $90 for a 1000 rounds . Fields in rushville has had powder and primers every time I have went there

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The powders seem to be the tough one to come across. I've been looking for Ramshot Tac for most of 2013 and haven't come across any. I've still got some, but not enough for the next batch/lot I'd like to produce.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    8lb H4350 (thanks ProFire)
    8lb 8208XBR
    10lb Varget
    Few thousand CCI-200/400/450

Bullets are the issue for me, specifically .224 80gr A-Max (I do have about a thousand stocked away) and 6.5mm 123/140 A-Max, 140 Hybrid, and 142 SMK. That said, I can get 6.5mm 140gr bullets from Orion and a lack of Bergers means I save $0.10/shot shooting cheaper stuff.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    I scored some Old Formula Unique a few weeks ago. That was something I really did want but never thought I would ever see again

Top Bottom