• ...and so much more!
  • MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Conversion Kit

Adjustable LOP is a benefit then, but like you say a 22 conversion may be in your future...

Not against a conversion kits, but then I couldn't use the .22 surpressor on it, right. Also need a smaller rifle for the girls, so I agree that both are most likely in my furure.

On a side note, I am going to try to get out the "Hush Indiana Supressor Fun Shoot" this weekend to figure out which can to buy. Did anyone go last year? Just wandering if I need to get their pretty early or not? I would assume that will be packed.....

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I have a marlin 795 also....GREAT GUN!!! i shoot at 110 yards with it every time i shoot it and i can very regularly go 10 out of 10 on a 2" steel target at that range. if i had my scope set for it im sure i could be dime range at 25 yards with no problems. Dont let people tell you there arent aftermarket parts for them either. There are triggers (VERY VERY nice triggers for $75), stocks and all that fun stuff. I will admit there is not as much as there is for the 10/22 but there is still plenty. Im looking at putting a stock on mine soon. I already did a middle of the road trigger and trigger guard and i will probly do a suppressor at some point along with a really nice trigger.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Not against a conversion kits, but then I couldn't use the .22 surpressor on it, right. Also need a smaller rifle for the girls, so I agree that both are most likely in my furure.

You could always have the barrel threaded.

Here's another option...

Kel Tec CNC

b_a9b52fd22ab8b270f0287b5f69b8195eSU22_2657.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've got two SU-22's and like them a lot. My wife has a hard time holding most rifles offhand and she does very well with her SU-22. They are threaded from the factory, but you'll need a spacer because the threads are too long for a can. The spacers are cheap and readily available. Another bonus is they use AR-15 .22 conversion mags, so they are also readily available.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My goal is to pick up a surpressor ready 22 to that isn't finicky about ammo. It would be better if it were light weight, however bull barrels are pretty cool. As far as price point....... No more than $450 for the rifle. My dream would be to pick up a HK MP5-22 and add a suppressor to it, but adding a suppressor with making it look silly is more work than I am willing to commit too. That said, it dos't have to be cool looking, just functional.

Stocks - open to any config, however would prefer Hoague or laminate wood

Please give me your :twocents::dunno:

MJ06IU

To me that screams Ruger 10/22 with Hogue rubber stock and Tactical Solutions threaded barrel with suppressor. lovemywoods has one and its a BLAST to shoot. Its VERY quiet with its Huntertown Arms suppressor. The entire package is very lightweight. Highly recommended!

qy60b9.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    A Savage 64 TRR SR runs about $270 to $300. Only limitation is the 10 round mag. Super accurate and very reliable. Barrel is is a heavy fluted configuration and is already threaded.

Savage64TRRSR.jpg

100_0568.jpg

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    To me that screams Ruger 10/22 with Hogue rubber stock and Tactical Solutions threaded barrel with suppressor. lovemywoods has one and its a BLAST to shoot. Its VERY quiet with its Huntertown Arms suppressor. The entire package is very lightweight. Highly recommended!

qy60b9.jpg

I love this configuration, however the rifle is $300 + $180 for the TS barrel + $20 for the other pc that you need to mount the TS barrel. It's just a bit more than I wanted to spend. After i get the Can and scope, I'm in the $1,100 range....then I'll want to make it lighter...$$$$$:n00b:

But, it is a sweet rifle.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's just a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Does anyone ever sell 10/22 receivers by themselves? That could certainly help offset the cost since you'd be looking at replacing the barrel and stock anyway.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Ok, going to grab a used rifle and have it threaded.

Going the HUSH INDIANA this weekend and pick up a can..... you guys have certainly helped me to evaluate all of my options to make the best decision for this project. Again, I also plan on a conversion kit for my AR, and so these 2 rifles should satisfy both of my needs.

One last request, anyone know where I can get the rifle threaded in the Indy area? If I need to travel to get a better job done I am also open to that.

:cheers:Thanks Again fellow INGOers.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Ok, going to grab a used rifle and have it threaded.

Going the HUSH INDIANA this weekend and pick up a can..... you guys have certainly helped me to evaluate all of my options to make the best decision for this project. Again, I also plan on a conversion kit for my AR, and so these 2 rifles should satisfy both of my needs.

One last request, anyone know where I can get the rifle threaded in the Indy area? If I need to travel to get a better job done I am also open to that.

:cheers:Thanks Again fellow INGOers.

Well, I used ZR Tactical up in Lafayette (not really that far from Indy). The price was good and I just drove up there and dropped it off (you can also ship it to them). Just PM menzzer37 on here and he can give you a quote.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A Savage 64 TRR SR runs about $270 to $300. Only limitation is the 10 round mag. Super accurate and very reliable. Barrel is is a heavy fluted configuration and is already threaded.

It's a great out of the box solution. But, it lacks the accu-trigger of it's bolt action brother.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Well, I used ZR Tactical up in Lafayette (not really that far from Indy). The price was good and I just drove up there and dropped it off (you can also ship it to them). Just PM menzzer37 on here and he can give you a quote.

I just PM'ed him...Thanks for the suggestion. I found a 10/22 with a Tactical Solution UNTHREADED Barrel that would be perfect for this project. I am just doubtful that they'll be able to thread it because they're aluminum....:dunno:

Never know until you ask though!:popcorn:

+1 Beowulf

Thanks for the lead!

Top Bottom