Anyone have experience with Eagle International 30rd mags for Ruger 10/22?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A great price to be had on Eagle International (Ruger 10/22) 30rd Magazines (Smoke Color).

I have just heard that there are only a couple of 30rd mags that are ultra reliable and i don't know if this is one of them or not..Anyone have any experience?:):

Thanks in advance.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i got a bunch of ten round eagle and two thirty rounders.mine are not good at all.on the bottom theres a piece of plastic that slides out and gets lost, on mine.function is not reliable,on mine.steel lips are the good ones i have

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've two in my days. I left in on the bench at the Martinsville range about 2 weeks ago for the next guy to suffer with. They didn't feed, function or even hold together.

They follower would get stuck halfway down the mag with a load of just 5 - 10 rounds on it and would not work.

At other times they would just quit feeding. I would have thrown them away, but the trash can was about 20 feet farther than I thought they were worth to walk, so I just left them there.

Junk! I actually put serious rounds in my .22's. Take it from me, they won't holdup to a serious range day.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've two in my days. I left in on the bench at the Martinsville range about 2 weeks ago for the next guy to suffer with. They didn't feed, function or even hold together.

They follower would get stuck halfway down the mag with a load of just 5 - 10 rounds on it and would not work.

At other times they would just quit feeding. I would have thrown them away, but the trash can was about 20 feet farther than I thought they were worth to walk, so I just left them there.

Junk! I actually put serious rounds in my .22's. Take it from me, they won't holdup to a serious range day.
    So in your opinion, which brands are junk and which ones do you recommend? Thanks

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Tactical Innovations if by far the best extended mags for the 10/22.
    In second place is the steel lips from Butler Creek.

Everything else, you have to tweak to work correctly, or they just dont hold up.

I ended up buying 2 of the Eagle 30 rounders. They work, I just have to pull back on the mag to get them to feed.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Have several

The best high capacity mag on the market is by far the Tactical Innovation. next would be the Butler Creek Steel lips. What I have resorted to is using just the factory mags but I have found an adapter that connects 3 of them but still allows dissembly. Factory always work the the best and are always reliable

Top Bottom