• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like the CT grips and have them on a most of my pistols.

They do offer some advantages. Also remember, most gun fights occur at short distances, <20', usually 10'. That data is according to multiple studies of civilian and police shootings.

Kimber sets their CT guns at a zero of 50' (According to the manual). As a civilian, I better have a real good reason for shooting someone that far off. At 10-20' that same setting is quite accurate for it's intent.
    In my case, I put on night sights and CT grips. It is worth it in my mind for the options I would have if ever needed. I've met quite a few LEOs that like them as well.

On My M&Ps it does affect my off hand grip, so practice is/was needed to adjust for it. (Left thumb has to shift high to sit on top of the laser.)

HeftyLefty39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My Kimber Pro Carry II CT came with the laser grips and I can only say good things about them. They don't add bulk to the gun, the on/off switch feature is great because I have to have it off for USPSA, and I can turn it back on for PP/CCW and light up a dark room or find a target beautifully in low light. Also the adjustment for fine tuning the aim of the laser is super easy to. It will come with a small allen wrench and there is an up/down and L/R adjustment that the manual tells you how to precisely adjust. Easy as pie...and a nice feature IMHO for a CCW.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    They are not accurate at longer distances. They are like a laser POINTER telling every one in the room or woods where you are and that you have a gun and who you consider a threat. You can't see them on a wet or glassy surface or on water. It's a battery, electronic, complicated doo dad thing to quit when you need it most.

Those are the down side as I see them.

......but your saying if it works....its possible that maybe just a tiny little bit it might actually help????? maybe a tad????

thats kinda like saying whats the point in owning a gun at all if its possible that when you absolutley need it the most...........it might not work.:rolleyes:

i own a set on my 220EQ and on my Kahr. trust me....THEY ROCK!!! im more than proficient with my standard sights....but they dont hinder anything and i feel better having them than not.

.......and 1 more thing. i cant get my gf to shoot much as im sure some of you can relate. if i werent home......and she felt threatened, she knows to get the sig 220 out of the dresser. no safeties to get in the way. she struggles to hit a dinner plate at 7yds w/o the little red dot but shoots 5" groups with it. you tell me :rolleyes:

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On my G19 with factory nightsights and CT laser grip. Personally I shoot a little better with the laser grips and it still works with my BlackHawk holster.

Glock19lowres.jpg

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I have CT laser grips on my Springfield XD40. I'm not dependent on them but I definitely notice that I shoot a little better with them then with my iron sights.
    image002kh.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    All I know is that when I try to use the iron sights all I see is a blur compliments of my farsighted eyes. Thanks to my CT's I see a crystal clear dot on the target now.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    I purchased a PPK/s that came with CT. I thought the grip to be unusual because the laser was on the left, seemingly made for a left handed shooter. My thumb would always block the laser since I am right handed. I also found that having trained to focus on the front sight, I was having sight picture confusion, now having to focus on the target. I took them off. Certainly they would seem to be a great benefit if not able to use usual sights, an injury, darkness, or poor vision. I may try it again someday as I like the idea but the particular left sided ones just weren't for me.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I think it is amazing what they can do for a short radius sight. The sights on this Guardian are very small and very hard to even find in a low light situation. Although the sights are very accurate, if you can't see them they are not much use. The grips on this Guardian are activated in the finger swells and take very little pressure to activate. I have no problem activating the laser in my "normal" grip hold. I cant begin to tell you how much of a help they are on the smaller pistols if that is what you carry.

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have two CT grips on my S&W 642 and my S&W M&P .40 compact. What I like with CT is free batteries for life, when needed, just email them. Can't beat free batteries.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    The bad thing about the free batteries for life is that you only get one set per year for free. I dont know about anyone else but I use mine more than 4-5 hours a year.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    ultra carry II

I have it on my Kimber Ultra carry II and it works just fine out of the box. My only trouble is I don't see the red dot at more than 25 yards. I am not sure what the optimum distance is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom