• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Ok so, I'm wanting to see if any of you have shot/own both, an XD-S 9mm AND a g26?
    I don't really think the width would bother me IWB. The reason i bought the xds
    was for a shorter grip than the full XDM grip.
    1.)Do you prefer the thickness of the 26?
    2.)Is it easier to shoot?
    3.)Still easy to wear IWB?
    I'm just not sure i shoot a slim framed gun as well.
    Thanks in advance:yesway:

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Why not get the xdm compact? that way you have the option to either use the mag with the grip extension making it a full sized xdm as well as the shorter mag making it compact?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have both and would take the glock over the XDS. For me I like the advantage of having more rounds without a mag change. My edc is a shield at the moment but will switch soon.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    What are you looking to gain from the glock?
    Not sure if it's a gain in any way other than being easier to shoot than the S. Little more cap obviously.
    I recently shot a 23c really well, I just don't want .40 and don't want the long grip for EDC.
    I staying with 9mm for simplicity.
    I may keep the xds and still get a g26 or get another M but in compact. Again just thinking about a first glock.

I have both and would take the glock over the XDS. For me I like the advantage of having more rounds without a mag change. My edc is a shield at the moment but will switch soon.
    :yesway:

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Had both. Sold the XD-S kept the 26. Found that I shot the two guns pretty well equally, but size was very similar except for thickness, which isn't that big of deal. What was the big deal was capacity. Carry the 26 with the 10 round flush mag installed for concealability, carry G19 or G17 mags for reloads. XD-S couldn't come close.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Have both. Carry both (not at the same time). I used to shoot the XD better until I put Trijicons on the 26. They seem to fit my eye better than the factory rear "U" sight.

Have Serpas and King Tuks for both. I really don't have a preference for OWB but the XDs is a little more comfortable IWB. I carry the extended mag for the 26.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I had both at one time I have since sold the XD. To me the XD sub-compacts feel top heavy. For me the G26 was more comfortable.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't have the XD, but I do have a G26 that I've been carrying IWB since I bought it last weekend. Seems to carry quite comfortably, though not much different from my G19.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I had a G26, carried it for almost a full year. Never did quite grow on me, so I sold it, and replaced it with a Hi-Power. Best thing I ever could have done. The Hi-Power carries almost as easily, has much higher capacity, and is much more accurate for me. When I want to go tiny 9, I carry a Kahr MK9, I dont mind the size, and the weight of the steel frame tames recoil to the point of it not being an issue at all.

Allenicomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Carmel Indiana
    I have had and shot both. They are both great guns. The main issue that seperated them for me was the XD seemed to rise higher out of my hand than the Glock. In other words, the Glock's barrel and slide seem more compact with lower axis to center of barrel. This made the Glock instinctively point better for me. Also, seems to reduce muzzle flip over the XD. Couldn't really tell any difference between them per accuracy or quality...both excellent arms.

BTW, I actually prefer the Kahr P9 and PT9 over both.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Guys, I believe he's asking about XD-S (see title!) as in the small single stack model from Springfield, not the plural of the XD. The guns are quite different. In fact, referencing the above post #13, the XD-S sits about as low in the hand as the Glock - unlike the regular XD model.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    A better comparison to the G26 is the XD-M Compact. The XDm is a double stack design with a short grip. It has 13+1 capacity as well. Glock doesn't make a single stack 9mm, but I here they are coming out with a .380 version:rolleyes:

Dargo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    S. IN
    I have owned some generation of the G26 for over a decade. I've also had a XD-M for almost a year. IMHO, they compare very favorably; which is surprising for me to say because I really like my Glocks. One thing that surprised me though is when I took my Gen4 G26, my XD-M 9mm, and my S&W M&P 9mm Compact to my local indoor range. I was very surprised that, IMHO, I'd rank them 1) M&Pc 2) SA XD-M 9 and 3) Gen4 G26! Don't get me wrong, I like my G26 and am not getting rid of it, but I honestly ended up preferring the others more.

Both the SA and the S&W 'felt' like they had either less recoil or more straight back recoil, resulting in less muzzle flip. Being that my first firearm was an old Colt series 70 pistol, I shot my first few thousand rounds out of the first pistol I personally owned (I'd shot my father's and other people's firearms several times, but they were not mine) was of a 1911 variety, I probably became predisposed to liking that 'feel'. My M&Pc has an external safety and, again, IMHO felt very much like my old Colt and I had a very short learning curve becoming familiar with it. The SA also felt like it had less muzzle flip than the G26, but wasn't just instantly familiar in my mitts. I'm sure most would agree, I don't think you would go wrong with either and, if you are used to a 1911 style pistol, the S&W M&P with an external safety will feel immediately familiar to you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom