• Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    I bought this sw1911 last friday.
    IMG_20120406_210040-1.jpg

I was planning on having the local gun shop order me a standard sw1911 but, when me and my roommate went to pick up his SR1911, he had this sitting in the shop already. Said it was the TALO special edition, it looks damn good and was still in my price range I had set for myself so I said what the hell and got it. Now I'm trying to find info on it like how many there are and what not but can't seem to come up with much of anything. Anybody know anything about it? Checked the TALO site and its not even listed, but I've found others for sale online that are listed as TALO so I would think its legit. Any info would be great, love the gun regardless, just want to know more about it.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    If I think of it, when I swing by the S&W booth at NRA 2012 tomorrow, I'll ask about it. I forgot to ask today, it was a busy and distracting day. There is alot to take in at this type of show.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    That's a beauty. Are the front slide serrations a different color, or is it just the way the light is hitting it?

Sling

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I tried to talk to the Smith rep that would know about it but I unfortunatley missed the gentleman who handles those accounts. I spoke to another Smith rep and his best guess (since it wasn't part of his area in the perf shop) is that apparently it that particular E-Series is probably a Talo (not his account) and goes through the performance shop, but just gets the grips and black slide/silver frame. He doesnt believe that it gets any performance parts/tuning, but couldn't be sure. I tried, but I litterally just missed the rep who would know by 2-3 minutes as he went to lunch.

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    I tried to talk to the Smith rep that would know about it but I unfortunatley missed the gentleman who handles those accounts. I spoke to another Smith rep and his best guess (since it wasn't part of his area in the perf shop) is that apparently it that particular E-Series is probably a Talo (not his account) and goes through the performance shop, but just gets the grips and black slide/silver frame. He doesnt believe that it gets any performance parts/tuning, but couldn't be sure. I tried, but I litterally just missed the rep who would know by 2-3 minutes as he went to lunch.

Thanks man, I'm not too worried about finding out all about the gun. I know it is a TALO for sure and it shoots above my skill level right now haha so i'm happy with it. But I appreciate the effort man:yesway:

Top Bottom