• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I am looking pretty intently on this wheel gun, just wanted to know what other people's thoughts were on this particular revolver and as always pics are appreciated.:ar15:

Sorry guys I meant to write the S&W Governor

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The S&W Governor outdoes the Taurus Judge in pretty much every way - lighter, better trigger, holds one more round, more calibers, front night sight, higher pricetag.

If I was looking for a .410/multi-caliber revolver, it would be my pick.

AzNooB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I think that revolvers chambered for shotgun shells are just a marketing gimmick. If you want something for serious use, actual revolvers are more size efficient.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think that revolvers chambered for shotgun shells are just a marketing gimmick.

I think so, too; I also happen to think that S&W has the better one. :)

It's funny to read the gunrag reviews and watch the authors try to artfully call a spade a spade, without pissing off the advertisers. A recent review of .410 handgun loads had the Judge spitting out a 30-inch pattern at 7 yards with garden-variety 7-1/2 shot. :eek: The dedicated defensive stuff fared somewhat better.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I've always wanted the Taurus Judge, but with Taurus its sometimes hit & miss.
    With that said, I never picked one up...
    Now that S&W came out with one I had to check it out. I like the fact that you get one more round, plus the ability to shoot .45acp! :D

So I picked up the Governor...seems like a fun range toy!
    The trigger pull in DA is heavy yet real smooth! In SA its simply awesome!
    I have medium size hands and the Governor seems to fit well with the Hogue grips. The gun overall balances real nice!

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Thanks Doglb for the great pic! I work at a firearms retail store and not had the opportunity to fire one yet and love the idea of being able to use 3 calibers for the range. I am considering using it for home defense if I do end up getting one. Thoughts? More Pics?

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I find the concept interesting and wouldn't mind owning one if the price was right. That said, I've always been a S&W loyalist when it comes to revolvers but they've let their quality control slip considerably in the last couple of years. I walked into a local gun shop about six months ago and counted seven brand new S&W revolvers that had barrels which weren't timed correctly. For the money they're charging for their new revolvers, they ought to be near perfect.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a Governor and a Judge "Public Defender". I like the Governor much better. It has a much better trigger nd the grips are more comfortable. Plus, you get the added advantage of 1 extra shot and the ability to shoot .45 ACP. Its a large gun, but lighter than you would think for its size. I find it easier to control than the Judge.

Pattypat25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    My Dad has both the Governor and Judge, he likes the Governor better. I had the chance to shoot only the 45acp as my brothers hogged all the .410. Not sure why I didnt try the Long colt..It was nice shooting though!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom