• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Yep, I know a fellow member tried to line some of these up a few months ago.. Im on the prowl to find some now and will gladly post/include anyone on the deal. We'll find some somewhere !!!!!!!

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Not Bad

The emergency essentials place, from what I hear.. costs alot to ship like 50 bucks a barrel just for shipping. The ready store is not bad. 7 bucks to ship is cheap. Total of 75 bucks for a 30 gallon blue water container shipped. I am hoping I can drive somewhere within an hour or so and pick up some 55 gallon blue drums. Thanks alot for your reply....

win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    You can go to a car wash. They have a lot of empy barrels from their soap and other cemicals app.50 gal. You can get them low cost or free. All of them are plasic. Hope this helps.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Don't wanna use soap barrels for your water storage. They need to be food grade barrels, so you don't have any chemical transfer into your water supply. I'm not sure where you are at in the state, but Ace hardware in New Albany has a bunch of food grade barrels.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Don't think I'd store drinking water in barrels that had chemicals in them. I'd make sure they were holding something intended for human consumption before I trusted my water supply to them.
    The ones they sell as "new" at the tractor supply aren't new they held antifreeze! Learned that the hard way.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This is an ad from a local paper. I’m not sure if the white barrels are food grade or not but I think they have had the blue barrels in the past and may still have some in stock.

Barrel Liquidation Sale
    Limited time only.

150+ Painted gray metal barrels, non-toxic, odorless, air tight w/removable lids, for storage, animal feed, corn or wood pellets - $5 each.

Bargain deal:
    100+ white plastic barrels for liquid or cut out for trash – 3 for $10

574-892-5751, Argos, IND
    Argos is 30 mi. south of South Bend on US 31.

Bucky

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is an ad from a local paper. I’m not sure if the white barrels are food grade or not but I think they have had the blue barrels in the past and may still have some in stock.

Argos is 30 mi. south of South Bend on US 31.

Bucky

White is what you want they should be food grade being white. Wish that wasn't so far from me, I'd be all over that.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Why does everyone insist on blue barrels

I personally dont care what color they are but I have been informed to only get the blue barrels. If they are all food grade and don't let light in what's the difference? If they are safe I am going to try and contact the supplier and Ill line up a trip. Anyone around me can get in and buy with me. Im in St. John.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Water barrel Guy from Buckys thread in argos,IN

His barrels had food pellets in them. Not for drinking water so he says.. He states people cut them in half and use them for livestock feeders etc.. They would be good for non potable water for things like flushing the toilet etc... but not for drinking. Thanks for the posts. I will be able to check out one source or two a day. Thanks for your posts!!!!!!!!!!!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    His barrels had food pellets in them. Not for drinking water so he says.. He states people cut them in half and use them for livestock feeders etc.. They would be good for non potable water for things like flushing the toilet etc... but not for drinking. Thanks for the posts. I will be able to check out one source or two a day. Thanks for your posts!!!!!!!!!!!

If it had food in it I would see no reason it couldn't hold potable water. Maybe he knows the C.Y.A. rule and is telling you that to cover himself from liability

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I have access to palletized 275 gal food graed containers for about $85 each. They were used for corn sweetener.. I guess if you don't have a forklift you shouldn't fill 'em up!!

Top Bottom