• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I have a friend, willing to offload a Piston-driven STAG-15 with a bunch of mags and a VERY low round count. I don't know much about STAG Arms and would appreciate some input.

Thanks guys.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I had a Stag Model 2 but traded it for something else. Thought it was just as good if not better than my Bushmaster.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Stags are OK. The quality of the parts is good (Stag is the retail side of Continental Machine & Tool, which makes parts for a wide variety of AR assemblers/manufacturers), and I haven't heard of any problems with the complete rifles I've sold at Bradis. I believe the Stag Model 8 piston gun uses a 3rd-party piston kit (likely Adams Arms or PWS), much like the S&W M&P-15PSX.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My first and only AR (so far:D) is a Stag that I put together. The looks and quality are there but it doesn't like to eat much laquered steel case ammo before it wants cleaned.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    i have one, haven't gotten a chance to make it to a range that allows me to shoot 5.56, but everything about it seems nice, and they come with a lifetime warranty. couldn't really ask for much more, especially at the price.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Stag is good to go. As others have said, they are one of the largest producers of AR's and AR parts in the world and actually make the parts for many popular brands such as the S&W M&P series AR's. When I talked to Stag about their Model 8, they told me that the piston system is a design they came up with in house after looking at what else was out there. From the pics I have seen, it looks pretty close to the Adam's Arms kit. As long as you do not mind the deer head logo, buy it.

Top Bottom