Anyone ever use a Cominolli Glock Safety?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I love these threads. Someone asks an opinion about a specific product and then gets 101 reasons why he/she should just buy something else. Even after a second post explaining it a bit further.

Instead of what the op asked. I'm pretty sure they like the glock and just would like a level of safety one step further. To each their own. If that's what they want so be it.

Wow. I made my suggestion as I do not like altering the fire control group with aftermarket parts. Most of the time, this leads to reliability issues over time. I did not want to see his pistol fail when it is needed most.

I did not realize they made a manual safety version for Glocks. If its from the factory, I would say it's good to go. But I am not a fan of substantial aftermarket changes to the fire control group of ANY gun.

But that is just my opinion.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Contact Bryce Curry at Premier Arms in Brownsburg. 317-585-3030.
    And YES he is a Glock Certified Armorer.

Bryce did all my Glocks. Never had a problem with the safeties and I've definitely put them through some tough trials. It does NOT go against the warranty like some will tell you.

You guys are harsh! - :bash:

*BTW* -
    The Glock 17S has a Factory installed Thumb Safety that has been used by some militaries for years now.

That's interesting to know. I didn't know they had that. Now, I can answer that question if asked.
    (I selected Glocks because of their 'normal' safety which is fine.)

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Contact Bryce Curry at Premier Arms in Brownsburg. 317-585-3030.
    And YES he is a Glock Certified Armorer.

Bryce did all my Glocks. Never had a problem with the safeties and I've definitely put them through some tough trials. It does NOT go against the warranty like some will tell you.

You guys are harsh! - :bash:

*BTW* -
    The Glock 17S has a Factory installed Thumb Safety that has been used by some militaries for years now.

Thanks, Dead Duck. Some of these guys are harsh, but that's what I get for asking for opinions, qualified or unqualified. I have strong shoulders. I can take it. I appreciate your response and the other friendly responses.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glock marketing got you, eh?

I'll be completely serious with you. Glock made its "reliability" reputation doing stupid things to handguns and then pointing out they still go bang. I don't care that you can bury it in mud for a year and come back and shoot it. I don't care that you can drive over it with a truck twice and shoot it. I don't care you can freeze it in a giant ice cube and then shoot it.

What I care about is can I pull it out of my holster and shoot it. That's what I actually do with my guns. Glocks can fail at that. Our department had real issues with the gen 3 Glock 22s. Mine would FTE about 1 in every 20 rounds, regardless of magazine, when it had the light attached. The Glock 30SF has had some real teething issues, too. I'm not saying they are junk, far from it, but they aren't "bullet proof" and they aren't the only reliable pistol manufacturer out there.

Real world use, there's a ton of reliable guns out there. I can personally attest to having over 5,000 rounds through a CZ 40B with zero malfunctions, over 5,000 rounds through a Springfield 1911 with zero malfunctions, and several thousand rounds through various Beretta and Sig handguns with zero malfunctions.

If you want a frame mounted safety, there are a multitude of guns that are every bit as reliable as a Glock in realistic situations. With your criteria of a grip safety counting, even more.

Not Glock marketing... the opinion of a friend of mine formerly with the IPD and then the FBI. He swears by Glock over all other brands. Just his opinion, but a well-informed opinion.

I appreciate your suggestions of other firearms. I am in the process of putting thousands of problem-free rounds through my CZ P-01. The reason for this thread is that I have been considering getting a compact .45 and, among others, a Glock 36 was in the running.

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I installed a trigger safety on my G26 once...Well the Glock armorer did at a gun show. Next show i had him change it back. It just felt like I was riding around with my emergency brake on and if I wanted to drive fast I would have to take my emergency brake off first.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    This really pisses me off.

EXTERNAL SAFETIES HAVE NO BUSINESS ON A DEFENSIVE HANDGUN!!!!

I'm seriously angry that anyone would make that. It's blasphemous. If you think you need manual safeties, carry a different f***ing gun. End of story.

Top Bottom