Anyone ever shoot a hole in their house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Just asking. I have a friend of a friend who did that with a 20ga #4 shot yesterday while cleaning guns. Need some good stories to cheer him up. Also advice on aluminum siding repair would be helpful.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Dont try and cheer him up... RUB IT IN and drive the lesson home as hard as possible before he kills someone next time.

Also, print and laminate the 4 rules, frame it, and hang it on his wall for him.

Big

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Boone County
    That can and will possibly happen to anyone. Complacency kills. Remember that. That hole could have been in a human.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Dont try and cheer him up... RUB IT IN and drive the lesson home as hard as possible before he kills someone next time.

Also, print and laminate the 4 rules, frame it, and hang it on his wall for him.

I agree…… my little brother did that a few years ago… it was a .22, went through the wall and lodged into the exterior wall of next door/.… Lucky he dent shoot somebody… i ragged on him about it for a long time, i still do. Not because i wanna b an a** to him but for him to understand how many lives he could have changed by that one second of complacency. I just don't wanna see anybody hurt or killed like that..

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Over the hole in the wall???

Absolutely 100 percent without a shadow of a doubt. It could have been a hole in a person. the 4 rules will be a helpful reminder to prevent a next time from happening where the damage may be more than just a wall.

I would never try and cheer someone up after an ND by telling them its ok its just a wall and other people have had ND's also.

In case i didnt say it clear enough before. YES over a hole in the wall.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Absolutely 100 percent without a shadow of a doubt. It could have been a hole in a person. the 4 rules will be a helpful reminder to prevent a next time from happening where the damage may be more than just a wall.

I would never try and cheer someone up after an ND by telling them its ok its just a wall and other people have had ND's also.

In case i didnt say it clear enough before. YES over a hole in the wall.

i think he meant, hang the framed 4 rules OVER the hole in the wall. Instead of repairing it.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    At least it was pointed in a safe direction. This can't ever be justified, but at least
    you can't shoot somebody if the firearm is pointed in a safe direction.

Cleaning rag snagged on the trigger.
    It was an old, bolt action, magazine fed 20 gague with rifle sites. J.C. Higgins, which was sold
    by Sears back in the 40's or 50's.
    Hit the wall about 10 feet up at about a 20 degree (from vertical) angle.
    Plastic wad went completely through. Will provide pictures later in the day.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    My uncle did it with his pistol, but then again he's "that uncle".

As for the siding repair fill the hole with some auto body filler (bondo) sand smooth and paint. Or just find a plastic plug also found at the auto parts store and shove it in there.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have a big block of wood for that purpose when checking chambering or after repairs. It has collected one .380 in 35 years, but that made it worth having.:)

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No, but a guy I work with was showing his daughter the "proper way to chamber a round" in a Bersa 380 he bought for her and shot through 2 quarts of motor oil he had sitting in a case on his living room floor !!! Same guys son was showing a friend a single six and the guy fired a round right through the front window and hit the brick outside thank god ! No worries now as he got in trouble and no longer has any firearms !!!

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I didn't but my brother did.

Back in the mid-70s my older brother (5yrs older) discovered reefer. He'd smoke in the basement then appear at the top of the stairs and do some crazy stuff. One time he grabbed the old .22 Remington octagon barrel and went outside to shoot quarters at point blank range. Wouldn't go through but made a cool looking souvenir.

I was watching cartoons with my younger brother and older one walked into the room and started pointing the gun at us. First me, then little bro, then me and back and forth until he pointed it at me and pulled the trigger. All I remember was the puff of gas out the end of the barrel and the look in his eyes and the feeling that something went through my hair. I looked at little bro and he had the same look as my older brother.

He missed my head by we figure 1/4 inch (from maybe 14 feet away). Put a nice little hole int he wood paneling that my mother didn't figure out until Thanksgiving dinner about 12 years ago (30yrs after it happened.) She nearly died of a heart attack in her chair. Poor woman.

I would thank the reefer for the bad shooting but I've hunted with my brothers and know he's just a terrible shot. Always misses high!

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    That's one of those dangerous self shooting guns.
    Just like the big deal about the SUV's years back that would go out of control and run over people unprovoked.

^This
    Mechanical malfunction but yes I was holding the gun, finger OFF the trigger pointed at unoccupied waterbed clicked off the safety gun went BANG !
    Could have been MUCH worse.
    Lesson learned, Never even load a new to you gun until you take it to the range and run the crap out of it no matter what the seller (gun shop or not) tells you.:twocents:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I would have to disagree absolutely. One of two things is happening now--either he is beating himself up bad enough without anyone else's help, and if he isn't, he is probably too obtuse for any amount of censure to do any good.

Top Bottom