• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Of course I got a deal on it when I bought it back , and I realize it is now a used gun , but I like to see guns in "nice" shape , it's just a shame someone treats guns this poorly , especially one he carried on a daily basis for protection.

Most people like shiny guns, but maybe it's just not his priority. Does the gun still shoot? If so, good enough.

It is a shame you bought a gun you aren't happy with.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    just depends I don't clean my guns until at least 500 rounds go through it. but if i see rust and crap on the outsides of it it just gets wiped off with oily rag.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I bought a handgun new in 2005 , I never fired it.
    About a year later I was needing some money so I sold it to my friend , now it is 4 years later and he is off work due to heart problems , so he calls and ask me if I could buy it back because he needs the money, so just to return the favor I bought it back.

During my initial inspection , I notice it appears to be abused.
    I call and ask him about it , and he said he fired it 200 times , but he carried it every single day.
    The gun is so filthy I believe he fired it 200 times and never cleaned it.

Maybe it's just how my Dad tought me to treat guns , or maybe it is the military in me.

just curious if anyone else has made this mistake ?

oh well it's the weekend , now I have time to clean it.
    your "initial inspection" came after u bought it back, as u say u called and asked him about it? I would have inspected it first!

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    that happened because of all the video of guys throwing them in creeks and ****. everyone thinks thats how you treat guns..

Haha.

I tell you what, the pistol that I carry everyday is treated like royalty. It's cleaned after every range visit or every two weeks, whichever comes first.

Also, how could you possibly be comfortable enough with a gun to carry it everyday after only shooting it 200 times? Does that mean 200 range visits or 200 rounds? I hope the former...

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Haha.

I tell you what, the pistol that I carry everyday is treated like royalty. It's cleaned after every range visit or every two weeks, whichever comes first.

Also, how could you possibly be comfortable enough with a gun to carry it everyday after only shooting it 200 times? Does that mean 200 range visits or 200 rounds? I hope the former...

ive shot mine less than 100 times and im super comfy with it :)

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Haha.

I treat mine like royalty too , the former owner had only fired it 200 times and carried it everyday for 5 years.
    I know guys who have only fired their guns 100 times and carry everyday , as long as it is accurate and they have that much faith more power to them.

Top Bottom