• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    My 16 year old son is an impulse buyer,he has begun working his first job and has available cash flow that does not come from me! While on vacation in the southwest he purchased an Anza knife,with about a 3" blade.I have seen these through the years but never purchased one.Last weekend I purchased a Benchmade that he just had to have,so he traded his knife (and several other things) to me for the Benchmade. I have been using the little utility knife for a few days now. It may have been worth the $65 dollars he paid for it!!

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    I have only seen these in fixed blade configuration, and the ones I have seen were all made from files. The ones I have seen appeared to be well made. If the material it was made from is good quality and the blade was properly heat treated and tempered it should make a very nice knife.
    You don't have to rob a bank to own a good quality, serviceable knife.
    I'd really like to see some pictures.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    It is a beautiful little file knife,and someday I will learn to post pictures...This company has been in business a long time and their annealing process is perfected. I have owned several handmade knives from files through the years,and they seemed still too hard. This little blade is right.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As for knives made with files, two come to mind immediately, Anza and Michael Morris. As mentioned, Anza has been around a long time and for the most part they make some very good knives for the money. The hold an edge well, and come with a well sewn sheath. The have a few "novelty" types that I simply can not find a rationalization for what they cost. But, it is hard to go wrong with them. Just Google them and have a field day.

Michael Morris is also well worth a look; nice knives.

Top Bottom