Anyone else having problems with raccoons this year.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    2012-05-11_23-45-14_634.jpg

This one charged my wife when she was taking the trash out. Needless to say things didn't end well.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    too bad for the little feller....:laugh:

i generally keep em taken care of with the "humane" trap. little bastards like peanut butter n cat food more than usual. perhaps they have been driven into a bloodlust after the taste of peanuts and cat foods wasnt enough? :scratch:

;)

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    too bad for the little feller....:laugh:

i generally keep em taken care of with the "humane" trap. little bastards like peanut butter n cat food more than usual. perhaps they have been driven into a bloodlust after the taste of peanuts and cat foods wasnt enough? :scratch:

;)

Lol.. I have acouple of live traps now. The other night our dog didn't eat all of his food and I forgot to bring it in. Around 1 am our lab starts going crazy trying to tear the door down. When I looked outside there was a mom with five youngster going to town on his bowl. We now feed both dogs inside so we dont attract unwanted vistors.

jreeder108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    I have no problems with raccoons but rabbits are a different story. The problem is my lab enjoys to chase em around the neighborhood. I cant shoot em, so I have tried the live trap with no success. I've used lettus, cabbage, cat food, rabbitt food, and crab apples with no luck.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    we had a family of raccoons living in my woods and they started to get a little too curious so i just disposed of them with a 22. they are no longer an issue.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    we had a family of raccoons living in my woods and they started to get a little too curious so i just disposed of them with a 22. they are no longer an issue.

I tried to scare of the family we had on our deck and they just stared at me. My guess is someone in the area had been feeding them, usually they scatter when I have approached in the past.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    So far 36 Dead Raccoons this year...

Much better than my attempt at keeping the Pigeons Immigration under control...

36 is a respectable number. I have put down three and after the third one I stopped shooting them on the deck. Dragging the hose out and washing the deck in the middle of the night gets old real quick. I am still surprised how big of a mess a .22 hollow point makes.

Top Bottom