• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Is your question when do you start teaching your children about guns?

You can ask my 4 year old "What are 3 things you are not allowed to play with?"
    She will answer " Daddy's guns, turtles and snakes." and has been doing this for over a year.

Turtles because we regularly find snapping turtles in the yards and we live near a woods with poisonous snakes.

cbm76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Parents are pro-gun.

In-laws, that's a different story... Creates some exciting family discussions though.

My oldest daughter, 8, went with me to Gander Mtn. the other day and I started teaching her all about guns. I quiz her with my wife around ;).

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    My dad has guns he inherited from his pro-gun, patriot brother, yet my dad rationalizes gun control as he blindly follows Obama. He said he was for the proposed magazine ban. I promptly asked him if I could have all his magazines that hold over 10 rounds. He refused, typical liberal hypocrite. I love him, of course, but I started to see the light when I became a dad, started trying to get out of debt, and bought my first gun, around age 29. We cannot discuss politics if we want to see each other. It sucks that he does not see the same things as I do. For me, I had to let it go and be content with neutralizing his vote on Election Day.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    My folks are both ex-hippies who work in academia, so guns were always frowned upon (they're good people, just misinformed on this issue). I didn't shoot a gun until I was 18 and bought my own, which they were very unhappy about. They still don't like having guns in their house, but at least they mostly ignore it these days. I would have no idea how or when to introduce my kids to guns if/when I have them, because I was never taught about it. I'm always jealous of my friends from pro-gun families, where dad gives them guns and takes shooting classes together. Wish my old man wanted to do that with me, but pigs will fly before that happens.

So, does anyone else share my pain? If so, how did you first get into guns?
    You do not have kids yet but you can inform and talk with your parents about responsibility and firearm safety. Take some classes, maybe buy your folks some classes and get a group discount. Whether they choose to carry on their person or not, it's just as important to defend the home.

Top Bottom