Anyone else getting tired of hearing President Obama talk?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I mean no disrespect to the President by this statement - honestly.

Is anyone else like me getting tired of seeing him talk on TV every day and night? Stop talking, and do something (other than spend $Trillions on bailouts) to fix something!

I don't care what the President of the U.S. think about "Swine" flu, I don't care what the President thinks about the Chrysler Chapter 11 filings. The list goes on. There are other people in our country to work on those things. It just seems like we're getting more and more talk, and still no action.

What I do care about is results...and right now I haven't seen much at all. I will give the man a small benefit of the doubt in that results aren't always immediate.

A lot of the rhetoric and constant face time is being fueled by the media, who is still in a frenzy about his election. But man, it sure seems like he might as well have a standing spot on the evening news anymore.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I hate to disagree with you on a minor error with your statement.
    Obama is not talking or giving a speech... he is READING to us. The man behind the curtain is controlling every word that comes out of his mouth.:cool:

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I don't listen to him read so I'm not tired of that. I am tired about reading about him constantly every time he eats a hamburger it is not front page news. I don't watch him on tv either but I am tired of seeing his face on the TV all of the time.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I like to hear him speak with no telepromptor. He's not sure if he's pitching or catching. He's just a puppet with strings attached to something I haven't quite figured out yet.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I have to agree with the above.
    We the Citizens are caught up in the likes that none of us have lived in before.
    We have grown up to expect results, action and re-action.
    What I'm getting is a lot of mouthing with no substance.
    Jet set across the Waters to apologize for me being an arrogant American,
    Trashing the respect our Country has commanded since we became a Nation.
    Spending ridiculous amount of OUR money,
    my kids money and their unborn kids money.
    All with devastating results we'll not fully understand for years down the road.
    And this is just the first 100 + days.
    Who knows what else is being typed up on the TelePrompter's to
    be spoon fed us
    in the next 100 days.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    We're not in Kansas

I hate to disagree with you on a minor error with your statement.
    Obama is not talking or giving a speech... he is READING to us. The man behind the curtain is controlling every word that comes out of his mouth.:cool:
    Pay not attention to the man behind the curtain.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just food for thought, but at least Obama is able to read off the teleprompter. Regardless of whether or not Bush was a complete idiot, all of his speeches made him appear that way. I think they hired a 3rd grader from Alabama to write his speeches.

Don't bombard me with Obama hate. I don't want the guy either. My only point is that the silver lining to this cloud is that he can form an articulate sentence.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Agreed. The media has made him out to be more of a movie star than a real leader. I think it is a little irresponsible that so much time is taken by our government discussing NCAA tournament brackets and what is wrong with the college football BCS. Complete bull.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I havent actually. I don't think much of him, so his inability to improv doesn't surprise me. However, I stand by my point, Bush ruined any possible credibility because he sounded like a hill-jack.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I havent actually. I don't think much of him, so his inability to improv doesn't surprise me. However, I stand by my point, Bush ruined any possible credibility because he sounded like a hill-jack.

I will say though that at times that did enhance the credibility for me. He actually seems like a normal person...the kind of guy you could have a beer with and have a genuine conversation with.

To be honest I'd rather have that little roughness around the edges, that little bit of spontanaity that there always a chance something might come off a little brash (not talking Joe Biden insert foot in mouth syndrome though), and the feeling that they guy is actually thinking his own thoughts, rather than just regurgitating someone elses.

Now I know all Presidents have speach writers, so we're not hearing all of their own words, but I'm serious when I say that President Obama is on TV so much that I wouldn't be suprised if he has his own daily show on CNN...right after Anderson Cooper 360 or something. Like others have said, he'll talk about College Football, the NCAA, whatever.

Maybe it will be titled "Math for the new Millenium, with Barak Obama" - how 2+2 no longer equals 4, but 1 billion, but what wealth we do have in the US can be divided evenly among all citizens and we'll all have a better life because of it.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Im to scared they are using subliminal messages to listen to him. I would rather listen ti nails on a chalk board...... I felt the same way about bush.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    But aren't you curious who the man behind the curtain is? I mean, whoever it really is, seems to be in charge... NOT the talking dummy.

Mmmh, Ah...
    Trilateral Commission
    Bilderberg Group
    Council on Foreign Relations
    Federal Reserve...
    Check out the membership of these groups...
    :shady:

Top Bottom