Anyone else feel like today is D-Day for the 2A?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcam1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    chillin in my hammoc
    we have all seen this coming for some time now, but i have to admitit has really gotten real the past week or so, its really starting to sink in and i for one am very saddened by the direction are country is taken, yet i will still continue to show my support for the 2nd, and plan on attending the Demonstration on at the state capitol building Saturday.:ingo:

The-Last-Round

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Brazil
    The thing that kills me, is that people on our side keep arguing that places with gun control have more crime - higher gun ownership equals less crime.

They. don't. care.

Glad someone else gets it. Anymore, I'm *almost* as frustrated with the Rush Limbaugh water cooler talk as what the blow-drys on TV say. Almost.

This guy (I'm not affiliated but have recently discovered his blog) has a nice theory on the liberal mind set and how to counter it. It's not by facts but by a firm stand and group shaming.

Here's recent post on gun control. The links to the Mike Wallace thing are pretty good too.

A Tale of Two Gun Control Debates, and Rush Limbaugh’s Low-Information Voter |

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    with all the bullets, & primers gone for reloading, the run on guns and all things guns especially ammo being bought up on both sides, yes it feels as a defining moment in this country's history is upon us. Unfortunately the only outcome I can see most probable for any positive change, concerning liberty and freedom, is an outcome not many are prepared for; as I don't see letters, calls, and protests meaning much at this point.

I only wonder how many people who've bought up all this ammo will actually put it to use when an appropriate need arises, or let it be wasted in confiscations. As a former active-duty marine, I look forward to the day I get to fulfill my oath.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    The USA has taken a hard left turn for the worst. Today our only life saving grip on personal firearms ownership is the Republican held House. If the Dems still held the House today it would all be over for us. Its just a matter of time befor they get it back. Many states that once voted for the best candidate have turned blue=(entitlements) and now vote Democrat only. All it will take to finish us off is a Democrat held House, Senate, President with the help of a soon to be liberal majority in Supreme Court. The point of no return. The U.S. is trending to the left so its just a matter of time IMO. From a Nation of greatness, indivdualism and personal freedom into a flabby has been, bureaucratic entitlement based, nanny state. A decline into a counrty sorta like France, but with better hygiene.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Look what happened so fast in NYC, what makes you or anyone else think this cannot happen here (God foirbid)?

Starts slow, but its a start. I have a 2 mo old grandson, whats in it for him?
    How do I sit him down and say, this is what happened.:dunno:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Good grief guys it sounds like a whole lot of you are resigned to defeat before the battle has even started. I tend to think the dems are not going to get anywhere near what they are hoping for. Granted anything is to much but have a little faith. We aint nowhere near whipped. Dont let all the media hype get you down..that is what the dems are hoping to do.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good grief guys it sounds like a whole lot of you are resigned to defeat before the battle has even started. I tend to think the dems are not going to get anywhere near what they are hoping for. Granted anything is to much but have a little faith. We aint nowhere near whipped. Dont let all the media hype get you down..that is what the dems are hoping to do.

:+1:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

We are down because we lost the presidential election. That was the single biggest, most important battle, and we let it slip through our hands. All this talk about writing your congressman and "fighting through the system" only goes so far. If stupid people would've paid attention and voted Obama out, then we wouldn't be in this pathetic situation where we must cede our rights. So now is the time to get out the vaseline and get down on all four.

I have taken some major slack for stating this already, but I believe 30 round magazines were gone the day Obama was elected. Yes, I am being a fatalist, but with good reason. Liberals really mean it when they say "change". They don't believe in liberalizing rights as a whole, they more so believe in taking away the rights of others (see my sig). Liberals are control freaks plain and simple, and punishing conservatives is their best bit.

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN

:+1:
    “If you can except losing, you cant win.” Vince Lombardi

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, I am being a fatalist, but with good reason. Liberals really mean it when they say "change". They don't believe in liberalizing rights as a whole, they more so believe in taking away the rights of others (see my sig). Liberals are control freaks plain and simple, and punishing conservatives is their best bit.

You would think people would have paused to take some serious thought when Zero told the leader of a foreign country, and not a particularly friendly one at that, that he needed to wait until after the election when he would have more flexibility. Proof that we have a lot of braindead people voting, but there is always a solution. Maybe not a pleasant one, but there is always a solution.

kingpin1779

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    near covington
    d-day

dont think so !! i look for a ban or limit to high capacity ,and ar style rifles. might even go with 5 round mags. any ban imposed will do nothing i repeat nothing to stop the shootings. we need to train teachers to take care of
    any intruders. but its against the law to have firearms within so many feet of a school.?

damn two more shooting as i type this
    wow !!!!

slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    He is suppose to have alot of kids around him during his announcement it seems to me he is using a human shield in the for of children to make people steer his wau

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    dont think so !! i look for a ban or limit to high capacity ,and ar style rifles. might even go with 5 round mags. any ban imposed will do nothing i repeat nothing to stop the shootings. we need to train teachers to take care of
    any intruders. but its against the law to have firearms within so many feet of a school.?

damn two more shooting as i type this
    wow !!!!

Of course not, nor is it intended to do so. It is merely a convenient excuse plausible to the sheep and it also makes no impact on crime leaving intact that bogeyman that the leftists will use to scare the sheep into submission in the future. Trading freedom for the illusion of safety doesn't work, but most people won't see it until it's too late.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Have all the posters here written their congress critters, joined an appropriate RKBA org, and talked to friends about these issues? :twocents:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    We are down because we lost the presidential election. That was the single biggest, most important battle, and we let it slip through our hands. All this talk about writing your congressman and "fighting through the system" only goes so far. If stupid people would've paid attention and voted Obama out, then we wouldn't be in this pathetic situation where we must cede our rights. So now is the time to get out the vaseline and get down on all four.

I have taken some major slack for stating this already, but I believe 30 round magazines were gone the day Obama was elected. Yes, I am being a fatalist, but with good reason. Liberals really mean it when they say "change". They don't believe in liberalizing rights as a whole, they more so believe in taking away the rights of others (see my sig). Liberals are control freaks plain and simple, and punishing conservatives is their best bit.

No offense, but both sides do this. Politics is just two extremities fighting each other. They don't care about the middle at all.

The reason the GOP lost wasn't because Obama was awesome, it's because Romney sucked. IF he had kept strong and true to his principles without changing his stance every week AND Ryan wasn't such an arrogant **** when he spoke this election would have gone a different route.

I'm more liberal than conservative but the gun "change" won't do **** and I know this.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    He is suppose to have alot of kids around him during his announcement it seems to me he is using a human shield in the for of children to make people steer his wau

I'm sure he will tell them how much safer they will be now (lying POS). I just wish he would also tell them how much debt he is leaving behind for them.

Top Bottom