• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My gram had one when we were growing up. Just mixed them in with cold sweet cream - yummy. She also made jam, pies, turnovers, etc with them. Just used them pretty much the same as any other berry.

Yep! Any recipe that will work for blackberry (or raspberry, etc) will work for mulberries. I made cobblers with them way back in the day-- hadn't thought of it for a long time but maybe I need to do that again! :)

jordyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Spencer
    I made a crisp with them using mulberries and rubarb. It was killer, dont believe that **** about not being able to use them. The kind of people that tell you they dont have a use are the ones that will come knocking on your door for a handout when they can feed themself anymore.
    Use it like you would a blackberry, they are free, everywhere and are mild enough to do damn near anything with. I have a few on my property and the trick is to get them before the birds.

I lay a tarp down on the ground, and either wait or shake the dog**** out of the tree and let em go. Same way with persimmon but you dont shake them or you get those god awful bitter nasty ones. Like nothing Ive ever ate before they were terrible.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    We collect & eat all sorts of wild berries every year, granted the mulberries are not as flavorful as the wild blue, black or raspberries are, but they are still good eats.

Anyway as previously mentioned, you can use mulberries for literally anything that you can use black, blue or rasp berries for.

My personal favorite is mulberry buttermilk pancakes though.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Good point Grunt, yea my chickens love berries too, thankfully we've got so many that they can't strip the briars clean no matter how many they eat.

The only bad thing about mulberries is their super-short shelf-life, even refrigerated they go back really quick, other than that we love them.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Tordon RTU will kill mulberry trees. Put some on the stump when the tree is cut. Be careful other trees can be killed by the residual in the roots. I cut 2 massive mulberries down & the residual killed some hard maples close by. It's at Rural King for about $14.

Top Bottom