• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    So while at the IDPA match this past weekend I started talking to a guy about 3 gun. It sounds really fun and wouldn't mind trying it. What do you guys use when you shoot 3 gun? I want to at least be competitive and want to make sure my equipment matches up. Currently I have a modded sks, a mossberg 500, and a sigma 9 or m&p 40 to use. I am wanting to do an ar 15 build but wont be doing that til I get some side cash.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yup. NPCCC puts on a great shoot, i believe they shoot their next one in september. Other clubs are a little farther drive from our neck of the woods. I shoot an ar 15 I built last winter just for 3 gun, a beretta xtrema 2 and a G34

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It looks like you have three guns already. SKS, Mossberg 500, and M&P 40 are all good to get out and play.

Nobody will laugh at you and everybody will be supportive and helpful. I don't know the guys at the match, but I know it is true.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I rock an AR, Benelli M3 super 90, and a Para P-16 limited. However, I think most people roll with glocks, XDs, M&Ps, etc for pistol. For shotties you see a lot of 870s and moss pumps, etc. Just need something with longer mag tube. For rifles most people roll with ARs but I've seen AKs, M1A, M1 garands, and even M1 carbines along with a little bit of everything else. I guarantee that if you showed up with some brass cased 223 or 5.56 ammo that almost everyone there would even let you use their ARs if you wanted. People are very nice at these matches and really appreciate new blood. Kind of like at a poker table I guess. SKS will be awesome to run there but the reloading might keep you from being really competitive. Do it. Go have fun.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    Give it a shot, I have been doing it for 3 years don't get as much practice as I like. I have seen all kinds of guns so you will not be out of place. It's a lot of fun and I have noticed the people that attend the matches are always eager to help new shooters. Plus the matches are like a gun show, you see a lot of cool stuff you just got to have. Check out indianamultigun.com you can see the matches coming up and the rules. Good luck

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Yup dive in with what you have. Once you get some experience you may have a different "need" for something. I borrowed a shotgun for my first several matches. People are very helpful and willing to loan you pouches, shell holders whatever until you can accumulate your own. Just bring what you have and plenty of ammo!

Top Bottom