• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    So I was doing some interneting last night and some how stumbled across videos of Teddy Medina aka "The Sparrow Hitman". If you have never seen the videos here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHOi9sbATSk

It is a very interesting concept. So I kept searching and I found that JJ Racaza now makes his own holsters for carrying "Sparrow". Racaza is a world champion speed shooter, Top Shot finalist, and DHS firearms instructor. Racaza recognized that there is a need to carry a firearm without it being seen such as in the dignitary protection world and other events where a gun being seen would be an issue. Racaza came up with these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7_6-WPg3rc

Now the reason I bring this up is because I have long since had the issue of carrying at an event where I did not want to make it known that I was carrying, but I still wanted to carry. IWB and OWB are going to show. Sure you can pocket carry but you are restricted to a very small pistol and it is going to be moving in your pocket and might bulge.

This has become a viable option for me and others who find themselves in similar situations might consider it. Medina concealed a full size 1911 using this method to kill what is believed to be triple digits when he was in his prime. If he can do it with a full size 1911, surely with training and a holster designed for the method, we all could safely carry "Sparrow".

Your thoughts INGO?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I personally use the 'Captain Jack Sparrow method'. This involves a bit of 'drunken monkey', some karate kid 'crane stance' and a whole lot of getting my swerve on.

;)

Seriously though, are you saying that the bulge in the front of the pants is not as noticeable because people just think you have large junk? What if the gun went off? You'll blow your **** off man. LOL. I'm not man enough for this carry method, no way.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I personally use the 'Captain Jack Sparrow method'. This involves a bit of 'drunken monkey', some karate kid 'crane stance' and a whole lot of getting my swerve on.

;)
    Is there a holster for the Monkey? :D

Seriously though, are you saying that the bulge in the front of the pants is not as noticeable because people just think you have large junk? What if the gun went off? You'll blow your **** off man. LOL. I'm not man enough for this carry method, no way.
    "The bulge in the front of my pants? oh yeah, it's all me babe!" That is how that conversation would go. I think the gun going off would be a matter of lack of training on my part which can be explained by everyone's hated video poster James Yeager in his video about appendix carry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxdhA0Y1q9Y&context=C4506f18ADvjVQa1PpcFP90Nu-YBmGva43cy3w3I2r93mo85RjyVs=

Think about it, when your gun is on your side you can shoot yourself in the leg, Isn't that right Tex? and when it is in your back you can shoot your arse. As long as you keep your finger straight and off the trigger you should have no problems.

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009

;)

I completely agree,no way !!!!:twocents:

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Ran across this post on AR15 from someone that actually tried it.
    Received the Five-0 last week. It's great if all you are doing is walking or standing. Don't sit with it. Don't bend over the filing cabinet / tool box, or pick up someone's dropped napkin.

It is comfortable enough, but the gun isn't secure enough to not pop out of position. Also... nothing covers the trigger !!!! I have one of those trigger guards made by Raven, so I used it and looped its lanyard around part of the Five-0 holster.

If all you are doing is walking and standing, like shown in his video's, it does stay put and allow that super-fast draw from the apendix / 12:00 position.

I'm trying to get a hold of someone there now to return it...

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Looks like you're intentionally putting your hand in front of the muzzle and giving a little pushup assist on the draw with this holster.

It the grip below the belt when carried or behind the belt (when using the holster)?

jgarst

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    Tipton
    I wouldn't buy one. I can see how people say it could fall out. Looks like it just sits in there. If you use a trigger guard I think it would defeat the purpose of a super fast shot. I won't be buying one any time soon, but I guess I could see how some people might like it.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I've carried my XD down the front of my pants a few times. That without a holster is uncomfortable enough for me to discredit the use of this holster. I can carry "enough gun" in enough places (against my ribs in a belly band, pocket, 5/7 o'clock, etc) while wearing a suit, work uniform, everyday clothing, etc.

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Like some who carry, I wish to avoid a drawerful of holsters. Currently I have only 4, 3 for 1911s and one for a Sig. I do believe I am moving toward a shoulder holster or a concealed carry vest.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

I used to use one of these when i first started carrying. It was more comfortable than in thought it would be. Seems like a better option as it will keep the trigger covered.

Carried with one of these. These holsters are very comfortable and when worn right you don' notice the gun at all, if you are fit with no belly hanging out. Once you put on some weight though, you will notice it while sitting.

bjswifty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Don't think the gun I carry would fit on the .50 holster, the Bersa Thunder 380, since it is a smaller-ish compact gun, and would just fall through the peg that holds the gun. However, I did unload and see how it feels with it on the left side of my junk, 'Sparrow' style. Felt pretty good sitting down, since it was sitting below my fat roll. My problem with appendix carry is my fat roll, and when sitting down, my legs push up on the end of the gun and it pops up and out a bit. I am someone who believes there isn't one holster that fits all situations, as I know some holsters work better with different clothing choices (low rise jeans vs. dress pants).

Regardless, I almost want to buy a bigger gun now and use the .50 holster.. Funny huh, how usually you buy a holster to fit your gun, not a gun to fit a holster? LOL

Top Bottom