• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    my wife wants the pink taurus from gander.... they want like 450 for it... kinda steep IMO .... But its pink ...lol So she might get it.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Taurus gives you a great gun for great value! I have owned several over the years currently own a PT 1911 Stainless .45 and a 44 mag revolver that I have had for about 15 years Like I said great guns and a great price you cant go wrong.

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I've owned a PT92 for 10 years....never had any malfunctions.
    I have a model 605 357 magnaported....never been fired.
    I bought a 24/7 pro compact 45 in November, 400 rounds and no malfunctions to date (very nice shooter). I was very leery about the 24/7 pro....had heard alot of bad things about them.
    Guess they have the bugs worked out.:rockwoot:

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Thanks to good ol' Bob out at Plainfield, I picked up 24/7 9mm yesterday. He received two in, I got one of them, the other one was gone too. I see Taurus has modified the grips, they don't have the rubber grip anymore.
    Plus the price: $340 brand new! Beats the $549 price tag on the FN FNP9 I was reserving at Gander. Gander's quoted price for 24/7's when they have them was $430.

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    Congratulations on your purchase.....I think you will like it.
    You got a good price too, alot of people have been gouging them.
    I have seen them as high as 479.00

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    They want $440 for those pink Millenniums at Gander? With Plainfield carrying the larger 24/7 for only $340, I think I'd order one from there or go elsewhere to find a Millennium Pro. I think $440 is really a rip off for one of those.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    They want $440 for those pink Millenniums at Gander? With Plainfield carrying the larger 24/7 for only $340, I think I'd order one from there or go elsewhere to find a Millennium Pro. I think $440 is really a rip off for one of those.

Pretty much every gun at Gander Mountain is a ripoff.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Yeah price sucks.... But wifey wanted a pink gun...... so we just came home with the over-priced pink taurus... she said she was willing to pay the 100$ extra mark-up just to have a pink one! She really likes it. so thats what matters right?

will post pix in a bit.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have looked at them a few times. Almost bought one once, but never pulled the trigger. (no Pun intended) They seem to be a good value for the money. My son's frien has one and swears by it. I guess that's better than swearing AT it.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Carried a stainless PT92 for a while zero problems currently have the PT1911 with g10 grips and zero problems over 2000 dry fires and three hundred safety cycles np. 0 Rounds down range yet so the Springfield xd sc 9mm is primary carry still. Great value and crisp trigger on my PT1911 ambi safety seems rock solid. When I relieved the backside of the grip to clear right side I left it so it barely drags so there wouldnt be any sideways play.
    It hasn't given me any issues while dry firing so hopefully I dodged the ambi issues. We shall see once I get about 500 rounds down range. I think any MFG that markets affordable guns is going to have a higher defect count, but I am willing to bet on a spreadsheet the percentage is no more than all but the truly custom guns. QC standards are truly based on the laws of averages. I love them and will probably buy another before the year is out. As for wtty issues I can only say that people in cust service sometimes should be sweeping floors instead of answering phones but after 15 years dealing with customer complaints I know most of the people that complain the loudest and pay the least tend to have the worst satisfaction experiences. YMMV so good luck!

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Had a Pt-92fs was one of my better shooters as far as accuracy but it did have some feed problems. And it happened with different ammo so I tend to believe it was the gun.

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I just purchased a Taurus PT1911 45 mainly because it had plenty bell and whistles for the price. I carry this one sometimes when I feel like limping.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Taurus Pistols

I sometimes carry a model 85 in stainless and the wife carries a stainless snubbie in 357 with the shrouded hammer. I can't remember the model number. Great guns

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Love the Taurus PT-92! I bought one new a few years ago for under $400 out the door, 17 round mags, lifetime warrenty, the safety where it should (dumb Beretta) great gun, no recoil. I miss the old gun... I replaced it with a M&P full size .40, the PT-92 is a big, heavy, long gun to carry every day.

mistergreentree

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I had a PT 145 for a little over a year and then sold it to my brother in law. I loved the gun and never had any trouble through about 600 rounds. He needed a good carry gun and I had an XD that was just sitting around so I sold the Taurus to him. The only thing that I didn't like about the Taurus was the large gap at the ejection port...always collected lint/dirt from IWB carry.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one for a good price.

Top Bottom