• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark22296

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    is there any of yall that carry a .357? just in a side holster. im a revolver guy and am looking into to getting a S&W model 19. i just havent seen anything on anybody carrying one.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah, I do. "Wiley Clapp" Ruger GP100. On duty I carry it in a Galco Speed Paddle holster. Off duty I carry it in a Galco Summer Comfort.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I carry a 4" Ruger GP-100 as my EDC. I prefer the DAO, half-lug, fixed-sight version (It's lighter and more snag-free). I carry it using a Simply Rugged belt and IWB holster combo. I also carry an 8-round speed strip in a Simply Rugged ammo pouch for my reload.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    is there any of yall that carry a .357? just in a side holster. im a revolver guy and am looking into to getting a S&W model 19. i just havent seen anything on anybody carrying one.

I carry a S&W model 19-3 when I OC, which is most of the time.
    I also carry a pouch that holds 2 speed strips. I don't like how the speed loaders stick out so much.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    thanks i was actually trying to decide between a ruger and the s&w. leaning towards a longer barrel, maybe a six inch.

Most folks go with 2.5-4" barrels on a carry gun. 6" is usually reserved for hunting, "car carry", or a range gun due to how cumbersome it is. I just don't find a 6" to be balanced like I want it to be for a self defense pistol, its not as fast to manuever IMHO.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a model 13 with a 3" barrel. I have been thinking of carrying that, but with the heavy barrel it has, it is kinda weighty.:)

A polymer pistol actually carries concealed better but I don't have a holster yet for the 13 to give it an honest comparison.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am really more of a revolver guy but am more likely to carry a semi auto because it conceals better. I do carry a S&W 66 or 65 each with a 4" barrel and they do conceal pretty well. I use an IWB CABO holster which went out of business. Most of my holsters are IWB tuckable for my semi autos and one for my J-frame 38spl. The tuckable works best in warm weather wearing just a t-shirt riding a motorcycle. Jim.

4evercoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Goshen
    What has two thumbs and carries a Ruger SP101???

THIS GUY, and I love it! I changed out the stock grips with a Hogue Mono grip and it gives me goose bumps when I hold it.

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    Yeah, I do. "Wiley Clapp" Ruger GP100. On duty I carry it in a Galco Speed Paddle holster. Off duty I carry it in a Galco Summer Comfort.

i also carry my Wiley Clapp(oc some and cc some) and my .357 sig Glock 33 cc most of the time.
    have been trying the new Beretta 92 compact(9mm 13+1) in place of the WC but have been switching back and forth between those 2, but always have the G33 no matter what.

but yes, i carry an .357.

on a side note, if you can, try the Glock 33. 9+1 rds of .357 sig in your pocket. they are the same size as a G26 and can use .357 mags or .40 mags. i put 22 rounds in the 33 with those new 22 round mags from Glock and shoot the .357 stuff at steel and it is fun as **ll.
    i love mine and it shoots wonderfully.
    :twocents:...

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I sometimes carry my 4" GP100 in the Winter under my coat when going over to the farm to do some work. I'm not into Open Carry and there's not much a way to conceal that bad boy.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'll sometimes carry a .357 Ruger LCR as a BUG. It's very light so recoil is an issue but at five shots it's thin enough to conceal well in almost any weather.

Top Bottom