Anyone bought the 124gr 9mm paki ammo from SG?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've heard rumors and read a few threads around here that the Paki stuff is loaded HOT. I'm 99% sure it was loaded to be shot in open bolt submachine guns. My 9mm is alloy framed so I'm going to pass on it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'd love to know what "exacting standards" it has been loaded to. Personally, you couldn't PAY me to shoot ammo from that part of the world; all the Paki and Indian stuff I've seen over the years has been utter crap, regardless of caliber.

I'm getting Precision Cartridge 9mm FMJ for right at $200/1K before tax. It's consistent, reloadable, non-corrosive, and made right here in Indiana. Plus, I'm buying it from an INGO Site Advertiser - supporting those who support us. The Paki stuff from SG might be a little less expensive, but it's far from being a "better deal," IMO.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I have some coming in tomorrow. I will let you know how it shoots (or blows up, lol).

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Pakastani Ammo from SG Sucks!

I purchased 250 rounds of the cheap pakastani ammo from the sportsman's guide (love that place) and just came back from the range. Out of 100 rds 37 failed to fire! Don't buy that stuff. Just an FYI.

longhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rural King here in Terre Haute bought several cases of this stuff, and is selling it for $12./box, same price as their pmc ammo. a couple of days after it went on sale they posted a big sign stating "no refunds or exchanges on ammo". I don't think I'll be trying any of it.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Corrosive? Non-reloadable? "This Ammunition has been loaded with hard primers and may not fire out of pistols" No, thanks. I wouldn't even stock this for SHTF purposes.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom