• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you guys want some pure stuff, ask around to your local dentists. There is a thin piece of lead inside of each radiographic film (x-ray) that gets placed into your mouth when radiographs are taken (calm down it is sealed within plastic.) This gets separated out when the film gets processed. The paper and plastic gets thrown away, the film obviously gets processed and placed in your chart, and the lead...I keep it in bags and boxes. The point is we are not supposed to throw it away (obviously) so the lead doesn't get into the landfills, and it is worthless as scrap metal (by the time you mail or drive it somewhere you have spent more than it is worth.) Most dentists would love to have someone stop by a couple times a year and pick it up for them. HINT: if you dentist takes digital radiographs they don't have lead.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ok - I'll bite. Huh?
    Guess we don't have anybody that casts their own lead bullets huh? Maybe I should've posted in reloading, I just assumed that people would know what I meant it for and that I was mostly joking about a group buy (although if i could get rid of about 75,000 pounds of it, I'd take the rest).

Casters are always looking for a new source of lead to keep their supply up. I just saw that and thought to myself, "man it'd take an aweful lot of casting to use that up". I just thought it was sort of unique so I posted it up here. If you watch the gov auctions for lead, they almost always come out of the shipyards so they're probably old ballast weights and such.

Top Bottom