• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmsubgun-m11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    I talked to my holster guy yesterday about making a holster for my m&p 22 with a can just for fun, lol...I think it would be pretty cool for at the range or whatever
    Frind of mine in Vegas is looking to suppress his M&P 22. How is yours working out?

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Frind of mine in Vegas is looking to suppress his M&P 22. How is yours working out?

It's working great! Not a single failure of any kind so far, although I only have 600rds through it so far. All but maybe 10 rounds have been ran with a suppressor on it, so that makes the gun more dirty and still didn't get any failures yet. I cleaned it for the first time just the other day and man it was dirty! But that is more because of the 60gr Mexican ammo I tested through it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's working great! Not a single failure of any kind so far, although I only have 600rds through it so far. All but maybe 10 rounds have been ran with a suppressor on it, so that makes the gun more dirty and still didn't get any failures yet. I cleaned it for the first time just the other day and man it was dirty! But that is more because of the 60gr Mexican ammo I tested through it.

Using that ammunition, if you do have a failure at some point, do you have to swear at it in Spanish?

9mmsubgun-m11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    I am assuming you are using the Aguila SSS. Several manufactures recommend against it's use citing it does not stabilize in most barrels and may the baffles.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am assuming you are using the Aguila SSS. Several manufactures recommend against it's use citing it does not stabilize in most barrels and may the baffles.

In my 22 cal weapons I use CCI in most of their forms...as I stated, I was testing them through my weapon to see function, dirtiness, and so forth. They actually have a considerable recoil increase through a pistol...but you are correct, you will need a barrel with correct twist ratio to stabilize the round properly

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'm not scared of attention. :)

Is there any reason to hide them and allow the general population to continue believing they are illegal or in some way bad?

I'll agree with you that the drawstroke would be more cumbersome, but that's as far as I'll go.

Get either a clam shell holster or a front break holster. Might have to have one custom made, or modify an old one, to make the bottom open so the barrel/suppressor can hang out.

One possible front break - Home :: High Ride Break Front Holster w/ Mag Pouch

A demo on how clam shell holsters work -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIYViM4OFU

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Wonder if DaKruiser has any pics of the way cool kydex shoulder/chest rig he made for his suppressed Mark II?

I missed this two weeks ago!:n00b:

I wear this around our property, it's nice to be able to carry it and have both hands free. Only problem is making sure I don't sweep anyone when I draw.

d2cd20f9.jpg

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I am not sure that I can agree that suppressing a carry weapon is totally a bad idea.

What about suppressing your home defense weapon? If the arguement against OC'ing a suppressed weapon is that "think of how it will look in court, the jury will not side with you" then the same can be said for what you keep in your nightstand. And I know people who prefer a suppressor on a nightstand gun, so that in case they do have to use it, they can protect their hearing.

Now, if the reasoning against OC'ing a suppressed weapon is purely because it looks douchey, then I agree, it would looks stupid.:D

in the house you're not looking for trouble you're spending private time with the family. out on the street or mall or what have you that's in the public and don't think for one second that if the news media starts wanting to lynch you that the jurors aren't gonna be swayed by that you're crazy:twocents:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Oh top of that I wouldn't want to use a gun with a silencer for self defense.
    The jury would see you as some kind of hitman and not a good citizen defending his life.
    Also if you have to use your gun you want witneses and you want people around you to hear a loud "bang", depending on what caliber you're using they might not hear much.And that could be a problem in some situations.

I would not OC or even CC a gun with a silencer for those reasons.

:twocents:

Absolutely true. The usefulness as A SD weapon is totally negated by the perception of purpose for carrying it in the first place. Gosh officer, I was in fear for my life and had to defend myself, but I didn't want to wake up the neighbors!
    A sheeple jury would have NO trouble sending you on a very long govt sponsored 'vacation' for your quiet politeness. I'll say it... A SD weapon with a silencer would just be...plain stupid.... As a lawyer, I don't have any clever ideas on how that would be defended.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nothing better than pro gun people
    On a
    Pro gun forum
    Saying its a
    Bad idea to
    Do something completely legal with a firearm !
    Go 2nd amendment !!!!

Hitting yourself in the groin with the grip of a revolver repeatedly is a perfectly legal thing to do with a firearm, too. Legal does not necessarily mean a good idea.

There's some constructive feedback in this thread.

Top Bottom