• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I've never named any of them but my wife calls the 870 I gave her on Easter "Bunny" and the AR from Christmas "Nikky".

My mom has a S&W 60 she calls "Charlie" because she bought it from a guy named Charlie and a 6" S&W 686 she calls "Big John" because it's bigger than her 60 and she bought it from a guy named John.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Well they're usually referred to by caliber unless it's one of the .357s or .40s, or AKs, or 12guages. We have multiples upon multiples of them so we have to get more specific and use manufacturers name, model number or sometimes "wood" or "poly", and one .357 that came with a name "Katie".

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have never considered naming my firearms, but when I think about it, I refer to my P3AT like "This here's my Noisy Cricket". And I've been known to call my 1911 "Death Inevitable". Does that count?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Frankly, I could never see myself "naming" a gun.

If someone next to me walked up to the line and said "Time to whip out "Lady Marmalade"" I would think him a ... bit odd.

hondacafe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Naming a gun? That's a little weird for me. It's a tool an object, call it what it is whether an 870 or a P-01. Maybe it's a good thing I don't go to ranges to meet people who name their guns...

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    No names. When I refer to them, I call them what they are. I usually just identify them by manufacturer and caliber.

Sometimes I will refer to them by color/finish when talking to the girlfriend.
    "...the M4, you know, the black one"
    "...my M44, you know, the camo one"
    "...my 30-06 Mauser action, you know, the black walnut one"

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    One of the ARs is "kathleen", the glock is "mr blasty." Everything else is just "that black one", or "the spikes", etc. As to my truck, I just call it "money-pit."

Top Bottom