• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Thinking of getting one just for fun. Seen the good and bad on the internet. Would like to hear what the straight shooters of INGO have to say. Thanks

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have the GSG-5P and the GSG-5PK and love them both.

They've been reliable and are fun plinkers. I personally think they are well made, but maybe a little expensive for a .22. That being said, they are easy to customize and do look "cool" :cool:.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I've got a GSG-5. Love it. It's currently got 1k + rounds thru it since it's last cleaning and it's been 100% for those 1k+ rounds. You won't get that kind of reliability out of a 10/22, lol.

Definitely the most fun .22lr plinker on the market. It's accuracy is on par with a 16" 10/22 as well.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I actually bought one two weeks ago and have not had chance to shoot it. Dunhams, OTD 537.00 I did put a buffer in the cocking tube. It seems like it will keep the metal from banging into each other when cocking. Glad to hear it will shoot bulk ammo.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Put 250 rounds through my new GSG-5. It was fun. added a folding stock so it will fit in my auto lock box. One stove pipe. was shooting both federal bulk FMJ and CCI mini mag. Shot several groups 10 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger without mishap. I'll be adding a buffer and maybe optics. Don't know jack about scopes so I need to do some research. Very happy with my GSG-5 purchase today at the 1500. Here's a shamless plug for the guys at AAC. They were helpful and nice to deal with.
    Thanks to the INGO members that made comments. This is a very powerful forum.

Last edited:

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I have got about 3k through my second gen gsg carbine and love this little rifle. I added the NCSTAR mp5 red dot that allows the use of irons and it is pretty nice so far. Scopes sits low, but its suppose to. Next add will be a collapable stock and maybe a VFG.

Some guys have had some issues with extrators not working or breaking, but mine has run through everything. I shoot mostly federal bulk packs, when i can get them, and remington also. I tried some old winchester wildcats and had a few fte.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I purchased my GSG-5 Carbine at the Oct.'08 Indy 1500. I have had nothing but issuses with mine. I tried CCI Stingers, Winchester Super X Hollow points and the Federal bulk pack which they are supposed to "love". I finally called Ray Caton (1800-333-0695ext.109). Got the info on an ARFCOM thread (AR15.com) for those that don't know what ARFCOM means. Apparently there are some rifles in between the GEN 1 and GEN 2, that have some of the GEN 2 upgrades but not all of them. I will be sending mine back to be worked on. The fake can won't come off, (with the set screw remove of course). And a lot of FTF's and FTE's. With a factory mag (that's all I have). Out of the 22 rounds it holds, I would have 5 to 10 jams per mag. By the way what I have read on ARFCOM about the Pro-Mags are mixed reviews as to quality. I say stick to the factory mags, they are about 8 more dollars than the Pro-Mag. I did put Ray's (importer) phone number up for anyone else who may be having issues. All the work is factory warranty the only thing I pay is shipping it to them. I'll try to remember to update when I get it back and get a chance to shoot it. :twocents:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I've got a GSG-5. Love it. It's currently got 1k + rounds thru it since it's last cleaning and it's been 100% for those 1k+ rounds. You won't get that kind of reliability out of a 10/22, lol.

Definitely the most fun .22lr plinker on the market. It's accuracy is on par with a 16" 10/22 as well.
    Gotta agree here. I got rid of a 10/22 that was a monster jam-o-matic and bought a GSG-5. I have put about 1000 rounds through it with NO FTF's or FTE's except once when I used the magazine as a grip. Can't do that. I put a collapsable stock on it and now it is my son's rifle. They are pretty expensive for a .22 but it is still less than a dedicated AR - 22.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Just making good on my promise to update. ATI had my gun for about two weeks, when I got it back, it took me awhile to get to the range. When I did, I had no problems it runs like a champ, I'm very happy with it now.
    It's a lot of fun to shoot, plus it just looks cool.

Top Bottom